Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap to view not working

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 02:36 PM)
Pc62
First Poster
Options

Having just got the QE700 i now find the tap to view is not working .The tv makes a noise and a box appears on the screen saying to check phone screen .You then press to connect and nothing happens 

Any ideas ?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Nina11
Apprentice
Options

I have a QN95A and can't get it to work either and Samsung Support cannot help as they have no knowledge of this feature. So guess we have to live without it. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Nina11 @Pc62: Tap View requires a compatible Samsung mobile device running Android 8.1 or higher with SmartThings installed. Open SmartThings > Tap the 3 lines, followed by the cog symbol > Tap View > On, then tap it on the TV. Depending on the SmartThings app version you may need to register your TV with the app in order to utilise this feature. 

0 Likes
Nina11
Apprentice
Options

I have done that. I have an S10 wich is up to date. I have enabled tap view on Smartthings and the app is connected to the tv. (I can mirror manually from the app). But nothing happens when I tap the tv. 

0 Likes
Members_zClaqxJ
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i have the same issue, tried with support, all should be fine, but not working.

based on their info the sensor can not be damaged, so they really don't know what is the problem.

Have you solved since then, any idea?

0 Likes
rossalexander
First Poster
Options

I have a 2022 The Frame and an up-to-date S10e with the Smart Things app and Tap To View option enabled. No matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I can manually mirror the phone, but tapping would be so nice!

0 Likes
Jazzbaby6
Explorer
Options
Tap to view is hit and miss. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it does not. Today, it's not working.
0 Likes
Members_ILzM70E
First Poster
Options

I reset my TV to factory settings and Tap View worked once. Alas, no more!

Elder Soares
First Poster
Options

Same here. Worked once in 3 years

0 Likes