Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SyncMasterSA550 monitor menu is greyed out

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 08:40 AM)
AdonisSilva
First Poster
Options

This monitor has been like this for a year and I've been using another one, but I thought of repairing it to have two monitors. Here's the situation:

• the menu is all greyed out but the "SETUP&RESET" option, selecting it I can only go to "PC/AV Mode" which show the two options "PC" and "AV" and I still can't select either;
  • the menu is clearly NOT locked as it does not show "locked" on the menu;
  • the "Check Signal Cable" square shows up, but when I connect it to a PC it just goes black and then comes back to the square again;
  • I can't reset it to factory because the menu is stuck in "SETUP&RESET";
  • I don't know if there is an install CD, but I have tried updating the drivers but at the end it says "there is no monitor connected", although my PC DOES see that the monitor is there;
  • I opened it up and didn't find anything burnt out or broken.

I found another thread that had a similar problem but to another type of monitor and the solution there doesn't work here. I  have yet to find a solution to this, because I haven't found anything like this on the internet. Does anyone know if there is a manual way or a button inside to reset to factory? Or any other way to fix this?

3e7d0642-c292-480f-9705-40abdebb0730.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @AdonisSilva ,

I would happy to check if there is anything on the manual. Are you able to provide me with the monitor full code? Where did you purchase it?

SemD
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with S23A950D.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SemD 

Here's the user manual for your Monitor which contains full set up instructions.

This may also be useful to you too, @AdonisSilva!

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
SemD
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I read the guide and unfortunately there is no problem similar to the one I encountered.

I tried diconnecting the power and the pc from the monitor for an hour but it didnt help either.

Is there a way to do factory reset without the menu?

0 Likes
windyguy
First Poster
Options

Had an S27A550h, exactly the same problem. Do you have any progress?

0 Likes
maximedubois909
First Poster
Options

I have a S34J550 and exactly the same problem.

I read 3 times the manual and there is no solution.

Any progress ? I just bought this monitor and I can't use it !!

0 Likes
AdonisSilva
First Poster
Options

The thing is, this problem is nowhere in the manual. Or around in other forums. Everyone just says to reset the monitor, but as you can see, it's greyed out. I can't select any of the greyed out options, so I can't reach the reset.

Also, I've tried updating the drives with the .exe on Samsung's site but it doesn't help. The updater does not recognize that the monitor is connected, so it fails.

Just like @SemD said, is there a way to reset it without the menu? Or maybe some software to forcefully do a reset?

0 Likes
AdonisSilva
First Poster
Options

I purchased this monitor 6 years ago, maybe more, here in Brazil.

Not sure what would be the "monitor full code", so here goes:

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-07 at 01.05.04.jpeg

0 Likes
MacAlly
Apprentice
Options

Exact issue with the S27A350H 

It is weird that this is happening to all of us at nearly the same date.

Does anyone have a solution yet?

0 Likes