Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Switch Profile On Hulu Plus App

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 08:43 PM)
PlayerOne
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

I share a Hulu Plus subscription with some family.  I recently signed in to the app on my new Samsung 50" NU6900.  It signed into the main profile.  Is there a way to have the app sign into one of the other profiles?

Thank you!

22 REPLIES 22
DannyT
Options

Hi everyone! 

We'd have to advise getting in touch with Hulu for more help with this! You can contact them and find all the frequently asked questions here.

Welcome to the Community!

Marlonp
First Poster
Options

Im here in 2020 and having the same problem, the User Interface is outdated. Samsung's last update was 03 2017, thats definitely the problem.  Now if we could only get a fix... Smh

0 Likes
Jro10
Journeyman
Options

Your options are to fix the Hulu issue:

Get a new TV

Use a streaming device (Chromecast, Roku, Fire Stick, etc.)

I wonder if it has anything to do with the older TVs not being 4k capable (mine isn't and hasn't been updated by Hulu).  I've removed my TV as a Hulu device and started using my Chromecast for Hulu because of this issue.

0 Likes
CMDgall
First Poster
Options

So ridiculous. I even tried deleting the app so I could re-download and login under a different user, but it says " this deleted it from view, not from your TV".

0 Likes
d0g
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Can't switch on un55ku6300.

And the app is slow, unresponsive ... annoying.

0 Likes
Solution
d0g
Apprentice
Options

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

This fixed it for me:

1. Re-install the Hulu app from the "APPS" app. (It might be enough to just logout of the Hulu app, but I did a re-install.)

2. Log in to Hulu app by manually entering your email/password, NOT by activation code at hulu.com/activate.

YMMV

PlayerOne
Apprentice
Options
This didnt work in the past. It looks like someone finally looked at this issue and fixed it.

Also, I did not have to uninstall the app. Just logged out and back in using credentials. I'm curious to see if they fixed it when you log in with the activation code too.

Thank you!
0 Likes
Brii_
First Poster
Options
It did not work for me. I’m not able to uninstall the app. I tried just logging in on the device without the activation code but still nothing.
0 Likes
d0g
Apprentice
Options

@Brii_ wrote:
It did not work for me. I’m not able to uninstall the app. I tried just logging in on the device without the activation code but still nothing.

You can't uninstall it, but you should be able to "reinstall" it.

0 Likes
Lucina Pinuela
First Poster
Options

Trying to set up my Samsung smart tv. Pleas help how to continue

0 Likes