Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Surround sound icon stuck on tv

(Topic created on: 15-03-2017 10:14 PM)
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have recently purchased a new SUHD curved tv and Samsung sound bar, with subwoofer.

for some reason the surround sound icon will not go away. It's half way up the screen on the left hand side.

the surround sounds works fine, universal Samsung remote operates it perfect aswell. Even when I unplug the sound bar the icon is still there. 

I have also tried resetting the tv and it won't go away. 

Its driving me mad so any help is much appreciated 

thanks 

34 REPLIES 34
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

That seems rather odd, @Gav.

Can you provide a photo of this? Is it stuck on all sources?

Can you also perform a picture test on the TV and let us know if you see it there. Go to: Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. 

0 Likes
GavinR
Apprentice
Options

Have been searching for an answer to this myself, also recently bought a 55" series 9 curved SUHD and surround bar and it too is doing just the same as the other Gav's TV, its driving me nuts, haven't got a clue how to get shut of the icon, tried the self test on the picture, done a setup again from scratch, seems the be the surround sound, even removing that and reinstalling it and the icon stays there

0 Likes
GavinR
Apprentice
Options

Follow on from my reply and picture, have tested this on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HDMI which is connected to my Sky box, a PS4, PS3 and a Chromecast and all show the icon which then remains the second I adjust the sound

0 Likes
Solution
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

i know your pain lol.

i tried everything that you did and also had no success.

i have solved it now,

• click the home button on your universal remote 

• scroll left to the settings symbol and press up.

• scroll to the far right to the "more" option and select it 

• then scroll down to "support" and select it 

• click on "software update" and then "update now"

your tv should then say that there is a new update available, simply download the new update and the issue should be fixed.

hope this helps you and anyone else 

0 Likes
GavinR
Apprentice
Options

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh, no new updates for mine!!!!!!

GavinR
Apprentice
Options

Reckons I am on current version which shows as 1165

0 Likes
GavinR
Apprentice
Options

Now this is completely bizarre but I'm crossing my fingers and happy

Decided to try to manually install the latest firmware on USB as it shows 1165.1 on Samsung site, downloaded it, installed USB in port and rebooted TV, it says there is no update available but the volume icon now disappears shortly after its used on all channels

0 Likes
David50
First Poster
Options

A really annoying issue - my solution - unplug, wait 30 secs, replug.. Job done. Now to stop the bloody thing retuning to BBC Wales (no disrespect to the Welsh), have just switched of "standby auto tune"  - *****.. What do you mean you'll auto tune when in standby.. Smart TV too smart for its own good sometimes.. 55 inch 9000 series curved screen.

Gxronimo
First Poster
Options

Settings>support>self diagnoses>reset. This will reset back to factory default.