Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles on BBC Iplayer, UE40F8000

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 09:31 PM)
Grahamesme
First Poster
Options

I have model UE40T8000. I have a problem getting subtitles on BBC Iplayer. It is fine when watching a recorded programme, but they will not appear when watching live.

I have taken this up with both BBC and Samsung Live Chat. BBC tell me that Samsung have not set up the link correctly, which seems to be the most credible response. Live Chat tells me both that their App cannot be updated, but also say that it is the BBC who are responsible for the set up. I get the impression that they are making it up as they go along.

Has anyone had similar problems?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Grahamesme
First Poster
Options

Sorry, mistyping in text. Model is UE40F8000

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have read about this on a range of different brands and devices as well as Samsung.

It's all very well the BBC to blame Samsung but it is BBC intellectual property and the pass the compiled app to Samsung.

0 Likes
Members_6syH41k
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  Is there any update?

0 Likes
Brighton2022
First Poster
Options

Hi, sorry this is many mths after original post.  I have a 50” Frame TV, and have the same problem, 90% of the time can’t get subtitles via the Smart TV app, and it never works when trying selecting a BBC Channel to watch ‘live’ or from the start of a programme.  
I’ve got a 7 year old Panasonic 42” flat screen TV where subtitles always work on the BBC IPLAYER app, so it’s very disappointing that new ‘latest technology’ TV, basic streaming app like BBC iPlayer doesn’t work. It’s a bit ***** isn’t it? And neither Samsung or BBC offer any helpful advice or support regarding.

0 Likes