Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Subtitles not working

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 06:19 PM)
Shazza3
Student
Options

Hi just recently got a QE43Q60BAUXXU tv. Subtitles are turned on in the settings but aren’t showing on any programmes. I’ve checked for updates but it says it’s up to date. Any ideas please. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Options
Try enabling them inside of the app settings
Shazza3
Student
Options

Thanks will give that a try

Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Shazza3: If you're watching TV via an aerial connection, then you can enable subtitles via the steps below. 

Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Accessibility > Subtitle Settings > Subtitle > On. 

For connected external devices, or when viewing programmes via a streaming app, please check the settings of the device or application, as the subtitles will need to be set up independently. 

mugox123
Journeyman
Options

I embedded lyrics in *srt format but the TV states that the subtitle fuction is unavailable. The model is UA40J5200AK

0 Likes
neilvanv34
First Poster
Options

I need to talk to someone.  I don' have the knowledge to follow your instructions.  I tried but it doesn't work

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

The steps may slightly vary depending on the age of your TV. What are you trying to enable subtitles on, @neilvanv34? Do you have anything connected to your TV? 

Members_FONMZep
Student
Options

Hello i have a qeustion.  On my samsu.g smart tv Qe85 are the subtiele Grey i cant put it on