(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 04:55 PM)
Muhallabr
Journeyman
Options

Hello there. 

When playing TV shows from USB. 

I cant play with the subtitles. 

And when i go to settings

The subtitle (CC) option is set on off and its greyed out.

So i cant change it. 

How can i solve this? 157346691245390325133809127426.jpg

60 REPLIES 60
MJFC1980
Student
Options
subtitles embedded in mp4 not working on samsung TV UN65RU7100KXZL, 
embedded subtitles only work with mkv files,
the thing is, I have about 3000 mp4 videos with embedded subtitles,
the only way out of this seems to be to switch to an LG TV
gabe88br
Apprentice
Options

I have Smart SAMSUNG 43TU7172 and i can't see subtitles at all when i connect the usb stick data travel with movies.

The movie and the srt file have the same name, the extension is correct and it is in the same folder with the movie.

All movies play but no subtitle...

It's getting frustrating and don't know what to do....

DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

same situation here...could you find any solution?

dlouhebidlo
Apprentice
Options

i am using NAS with media server, some subtitles are working, some not, can't find solution even the filenames are completely the same. if no subtitles are working, go to media server, go to devices and change the samsung tv type to type J. i need to know why moviea.mkv and moviea.srt works and different movieb.mkv and movieb.srt does not work, i am desperate. all of them are in special directiries containing only the movie and srt files, nothing more

Sachith_Nilmantha
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am sorry this may be a little late but, this problem also occurred to me today when I tried to play a movie via a USB. What I did was returning from the movie, opening the USB, and then refreshed. When I played the movie again, the subtitles worked! tada!

ChrisHawkridge
First Poster
Options
we were given a 55TU7020K for Christmas. We are unable to get subtitles when viewing. Have subtitles turned on for hearing impaired. Button on remote does not turn subtitles on just brings up Accessibility list.
waynea1
Student
Options

Hi all

I have the same issue. MKV files served through the DLNA server on my router do not show the subitles, even though options says they are on. Picture is fine.

If i view such a files through the Amazon FireStick in the back of the TV, it works fine. Ditto if I view the files from my laptop over wifi.

Therefore there is clearly a bug in the Samsung Code and te test team needa a kick up the backside for not testing it properly.

Does anyone know..........

1) do any of the Samsung Techs patrol this board?

2) has anyone tried any other way of escalating what is clearly a functional bug so it can be fixed?

kerosTN
First Poster
Options

HI 
I just bought a 43TU7000 yesterday  same thing here subs works fine playing from a USB stick but not with files on my laptop via DLNA if anyone have found anything please let me know thanks 

0 Likes
Mohammed Mubarak
First Poster
Options

I was experiencing the same issue , what i did was , select “ source” on the remote, select “TV” as i was using HDMI 1 connecting my PS4.  
when i got the TV mode and grain screen appeared i chose Menu- and all grayed setting were accessible. 

try it out . It worked for me 

0 Likes
sparda79
Student
Options

Try this:

If your video and sub file names has spaces, replace them with dots (.) or underscores (_).

👌