Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles brightens up the whole screen

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 11:56 AM)
Kanshira
Student
Options

I have a samsung qled q6f. When watching subtitled movies, the subs brightens up the whole picture and it's essentially the only thing I thinking of the whole movie through. It's very annoying and definately not ok for a tv in premium class. I have searched the web for an update from samsung but I have the latest firmware update installed. The only thing I can find is different fixes with mixed results. Is this problem noticed by Samsung because we demand a fix for this problem period. Aparently we are many users who is experiencing this problem. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Kanshira ,

in order to provide you with the right support I will need you to confirm the following information:

-TV full model code (this can be found at the back) and software version. You can find this by heading into Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

-Is this happening in all the sources and channels?

-Would you be able to attach an image of the screen when that happens?

0 Likes
jsmgarrido
Pioneer
Options

I'm sorry to tell you Samsung knows about this problem from a long time ago and they won't do anything to solve it

0 Likes
Kanshira
Student
Options

I am thinking to return the tv and buy another brand. My former tv, Lg hd lcd I didn't have this problem. 

0 Likes
sdessein
Journeyman
Options

QE55Q6FN. The problem occurred when playing subtitled content using media player. Why can't they fix this? Simple: the local dimming technology does not see the difference between a flashlight that is switched on and a subtitle that appears ... Tried all kinds of things that I found on the internet. This is the only thing that helped me:
Service menu (use / buy a classic samsung remote control - all keys available - costs 7 eur/dollar) switch off TV - Info-Menu-Mute-Power the service menu will be visible after a while -> Option - MRT Option -> Ecosensor and Local Dimming on Set 0 - DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING ELSE - Switch off TV and restart
All image settings are now dynamic - with the following settings it was ok for me: For Netflix and media player: picture mode: STANDARD + adjust expert settings, be sure to check : contrast enhancer: high color tone: standard gamma: 2 color space: native . Netflix: when playing HDR, the TV will automatically apply other settings- play Netflix HDR content ... and check or change settings picture mode: STANDARD + expert settings: brightness 3 / contrast 50 / contrast enhancer: high / color tone: standard / gamma: 3 / color space: native
For the telecom provider (digicorder via hdmi) I had to use this: picture mode: MOVIE + expert settings contrast enhancer: off / color tone: Warm1 / gamma: 2 / color space: auto

kinuta
First Poster
Options

Same exact problem, pretty sure Samsung could care less.

0 Likes
Subcultul
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. 65' Q90T Model. Still contemplating if I should return it or not...

0 Likes