Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub standard Samsung products

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 04:17 PM)
Ian151
Student
Options

20210316_145159.jpg

Samsungs Disgusting response to and Disregard to how they treat customers who pay them for a quality product as I thought Samsung was when I bought a brand new smart tv that didn't even last 30 days and this is there response and policy to treat paying customers for selling them sub standard products, as long as it last longer than 28 days then its not there problem, Disgusting,  any respectable brand name company wouldn't offer such a policy of 28 days if they weren't able to meet such high standards you would expect from them, obviously I was wrong thinking Samsung was such a company,  considering they can't trust their products to last longer than a month,  shame on you Samsung 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Are you in the UK? Consult your local trading standards, fairly sure Samsung are in the wrong here and should replace the TV. If you bought it from an independent retailer they would have to swap it no questions asked if it broke that quickly. The same therefore should apply to Samsung
0 Likes
Ian151
Student
Options

No in Ireland,  and that message was sent to me by Samsung customer care telling me that after 28 days its not there problem,  I bought it from Harvey Norman who also wouldn't do anything about it , instead gave me a number for a company associated with Samsung who would repair it 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Ian151 , Obviously frustrating your Tv developed a problem  after such a short time.   However assume you have at least a 12 months warranty and is Tv now working properly   (seems it has been repaired according to that message)

Consumer rights for electrical goods detailed here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product-aTTEK2g0YuEy 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
UK consumer law does not apply in Ireland James
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Ah, okay you have different laws unfortunately. Still seems wrong though but if what James deduced and the TV has been repaired then hopefully it lasts 5 years or more like mine has already.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This falls under the EU. I haven't looked at the insurance and outs of consumer law, the OP needs to claim against the retailer. There are other aspects in the OPs favour in respect of returning the TV. CAB or similar could help.
0 Likes