Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to update my Q9FN from Version 1310 to 1310.4

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 03:41 PM)
peterotoole
Student
Options

I have an issue with my Samsung QLED Q9FN in that it keeps turning off and back on or sometimes just turns off and doesn't automatically turn back on.

When I check for a software update it says that my current version 1310 is the latest. I see however an update available online 1310.4. It seems you need to save this onto a USB drive which I have done and popped it into my TV, I then get the TV to check for updates again in which it checks the internet first and then asks if it should check the USB drive. I say OK but it doesn't find any new updates.

I simply downloaded the zipped file and decompressed it and copied the folder onto the drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @peterotoole The reason why the Tv will not update is that you have the latest firmware.  Tv's tend not to include the decimal  point in the software information whilst the website does.  I have noticed this when downloading to USB myself.   This firmware became available November  2020  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q9FNATXXU/ 

You have followed the correct procedure for downloading to USB but it is the same version that is on your Tv.

I would suggest you do  a factory reset and if that does not solve the problem try disconnecting Tv from mains for around 5 minutes.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
peterotoole
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply James! That makes alot of sense in regards to the firmware!

Never tried a reset so that will be my next mission but ultimately I feel it could be a hardware issue as I seem to have come across alot of people with the same issue as myself.

Thanks again!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@peterotoole   No problem,  May  be a hardware issue but best to try reset to see if makes a difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes