Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming apps freezing (YouTube TV and Discovery+)

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 07:06 PM)
Reeko17
Apprentice
Options

For the last few months our YouTube TV and Discovery+ apps (Samsung 65") freeze at random, the only way to remedy it is to unplug/plug the TV and power back on. It occurs at random whenever watching Live TV, recorded shows or On Demand.  I have Engineering tickets open with both app services as I assumed it was an app issue since it's not happening with other apps, awaiting an answer. I've tried everything: verified the apps are up to date, factory resets, checked firmware/software updates, swapped cables, checked internet speed (fast), uninstall/reinstall, clear the apps cache, relocated the TV closer to the router, plugged internet directly into the TV - the issue persists. A tech visited and replaced the Network Card but that did not fix it. I was told by a Samsung rep. that it's likely an app issue and they probably need to be updated, but I've verified with both streaming services that we have the most up to date software. Is anyone else having this issue? Not sure what to troubleshoot next.

Still 1.jpgStill 2.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DH OH
Student
Options

I am having this same problem with YouTube TV, at least a couple times per week I have to unplug the tv to get the app to begin working again.  The app is up to date and so is the tv firmware.  Between this problem and another I am having with the tv resetting sound to the tv from the sound bar, this is the most fickle tv.  I hate to buy another tv so soon, but the next one will not be Samsung.  

Reeko17
Apprentice
Options

Are you seeing the same sort of screen freezing pattern as in my pics? Do you mind if I ask what size/model of TV and what brand of soundbar? (We also have a Polk soundbar, but swapped it out with a Sonos and had the same issue so we eliminated that as a cause.)

0 Likes