Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream PC video to My TV

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 09:16 PM)
Jean7481
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I'm trying to stream videos from my PC to my Samsung TV and I can't seem to make it work.

TV: SAMSUNG UHD TV series 7 (Model UE55NU7440)

I tried the NDLA method. I enabled a shared file from my PC (windows 10) via my local network. I can see my TV in the network via the Media streams option from windows 10.

I can ping my TV from my computer. But it doesn't appear on the "source" window from my TV. I tried the SMARTVIEW app, and my TV isn't find. 

I must be overlooking something. Could someone help me find a way working with this TV model ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Jean7481 ,

let's have a look into this together. Can you confirm if both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi when you try to connect them using Smart View? What software version is the TV currently running on? You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I stream from my pc to my LG tv using a similar methodology. However, make my connection using ethernet cable, using my Virgin Superhub as the throughput. On the tv remote, I hit the HOME button to bring up the options on the screen. I then find my connection to the pc from there.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Access the media via the TV, not cast from PC.
0 Likes
Jean7481
First Poster
Options

Thanks.

I can confirm both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi

The software version is : T-KTM2DEUC-1310.4,BT-S

0 Likes
Jean7481
First Poster
Options

I don't have access to the media through the TV.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You need a media player on your PC so you can choose a file to stream to the TV. You should then be able to use the TV to select what to play. All TVs in my network can remotely access the PC.
I use Windows Media player. It's no longer supported by MS, the last version was 12.
0 Likes
Jean7481
First Poster
Options

I have Windows Media player and it should be configured to stream. If my TV can select it, I don't know where I have to go. Nothing appears on "source" 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is WMP turned on? Updates always seem to turn it off. In the menu you need to allow streaming and input the file to share. How is the PC connected to the TV‽ WiFi? You should see a media server icon in source so I think there's some file sharing or network issue. Try to allow the whole drive to be shared.
0 Likes