Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Pinging/Alert noise coming through speakers

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 09:19 AM)
Clarky123
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

We bought a Samsung UE43TU7000 about a month ago, and yesterday it started making a seemingly random alert/pinging sound through the speakers both when watching TV and streaming Netflix etc. It isn't a speaker problem it is coming from the TV - I have a recording but I can't upload it here.

I've done a factory reset and updated the software but it is still occurring. Any advice would be appreciated because it is hard to google/look for a sound that seemingly plays at random!

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Clarky123 ,

I would happily take a look at this, however, I will need a bit more information or a video displaying the issue. Are you able to record this using your phone and add it here using the add video option?

0 Likes
sjlilley88
Apprentice
Options

I'm getting exactly the same & only had the TV a week. I also updated & the problem is still there. It happens when the TV is tapped or someone walks by it.

0 Likes
Clarky123
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'll upload it if it does it again, interestingly it has stopped doing it since I cleared the cache by holding the power button for 20 seconds which I did to fix Amazon Prime not playing.

If it starts again I'll upload - I think the first time it did it something came up on my phone about tap streaming from it to the TV so maybe it was just that not working quite right?

0 Likes
Clarky123
Apprentice
Options

I spoke too soon - have recorded but i cant upload the video, I can't  see the option to upload a video, only photos on this forum.

If there's another way I can get it across just let me know.

Thanks,

0 Likes
sjlilley88
Apprentice
Options

Hi @clarky123. Do you have a Sky Q box? I have noticed it happens when tapping that & it appears to be overheating too so I'm going to contact Sky.

0 Likes
Clarky123
Apprentice
Options

Hi sjlilley88.

I do not - I think it is the TV trying to connect with my samsung phone because when I turned my phone off the pinging stopped.

Weird.

0 Likes
sjlilley88
Apprentice
Options

Thanks! It seems like the bluetooth connection.

I moved my phone to another room & it didn't happen.

How can we avoid this sound without our phones having to be in another room!?

Giles_
First Poster
Options

i have the exact same issue,  i assumed it was my galaxy phone connecting/reconnecting too.

Can you please provide a solution?

Is super annoying. 

0 Likes
Clarky123
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

Yes I looked at it a bit more and it is the smart view trying to connect - it seems that it can turn itself on and then a notification comes up on the phone regarding mirror screening.

Trouble is if you tap off of the notification to close it, then it keeps trying. In the end I accept the mirror screening request and then immediately disconnect it again and it goes away.

Hope that helps!