Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 11:26 PM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
kyk88
First Poster
Options

So finally after some more phone calls with Samsung Germany, the sound problem has been eradicated with the update 2010! 

0 Likes
RobertIrl
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

i've contacted samsung today and they said it's now sorted. 
they gave me a link and i had to download the new firmware. 

my tv is a 50tu8500
here's the link

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SE&OriginYN=N&Model...

not sure if it works for any other models..

photo has instructions

image.jpg

iheijthuisen
Student
Options

Yes!!! This works perfectly... first i had to format my USB-drive because the TV didn’t recognize it. But when i did that everything worked perfectly. After the update the problem didn’t occur anymore. What a relief!

Koko21
Student
Options

Works perfectly with 50" Tu8072 for Bulgaria.Thank you!

Frunkee
First Poster
Options

Q60T fixed. 15 minutes on live chat / downloaded firmware - updated TV and all done. 

All the people waiting on a USB drive being sent - do yourselves a favour - it’s 2021 :face-with-tears-of-joy: -talk to them - get the file - ask your son, daughter or grand children to download and copy the files for you if you can’t work it out - and save yourself some grief. Seriously this was a doddle to fix once the right file was available and 7 months of annoyance is gone.

Apparently it doesn’t fix every single model which is why it’s not general release via TV. 

0 Likes
iXemnas
First Poster
Options

The problem appears to be solved using this update (2010):

(https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CSite=UNI_SE&OriginYN=N&ModelT...)

My Tv is the QE50Q60TAU.

DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

The link posted by the previous user also works for me on the TU8500 too. It’s so much better, like night and day, no sounds distortion at lower levels and sound bass/treble appears to still work fine when adjusted. It should t have taken this long to sort it out though, and at least we don’t need to talk to Samsung for a USB either.

Ovcka
Student
Options

Thank you guys sooo much!! This update also worked for us!! We've been annoyed by this issue since the new years when we got our tv. We also have QE50Q60TAU.

0 Likes
Koko21
Student
Options

So it works for most or all tv tjis version 2010.Try it.Update with usb flash in the tv with the update file inside.Let the tv check the flash.It will detect the update if it is suitable.Good Luck!

0 Likes
Members_O9dUtEn
First Poster
Options

hi kyk88, i tried contacting the German Samsung customer care but they have no idea about this software update. Do you have the link to this update? What exactly did you ask them for?

0 Likes