Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 01:07 PM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
JFZ
Student
Options

PLEASE

Someone share the blessed file. So we can get on with our lives!

Samsung has proven to be terribly inefficient, both in fixing the problem and in reporting it. I don't want to wait 6 more months to get access to a decent solution.

0 Likes
EGuitarStar
Journeyman
Options

Today Samsung support sent me an email with a link to a new firmware, it was version 2010. I have applied this and the sound issue is now gone and the EQ is switched back on.

I am reluctant to share the link to the firmware due to:

1. Breaking the community rules.

2. I don't want to be taken to court because one of you attempted this and broke your TV set and end up blaming me for it.

I appreciate that this is an issue you all want rectified but I recommend going via the correct channels to not invalidate your warranty or end up with a TV that does not work at all.

I suggest you get in touch with Samsung Support, either via phone, chat or email and let them either send you the USB or the link to the new firmware via email.

0 Likes
QE50Q60T User
Journeyman
Options

Thanks so much Ian.  I finally received the usb and after moving the file up a couple of folders as per your advice the TV is now updated and sounds issues completely gone on my QE50Q60T.

I strongly recommend anyone facing this problem to give Samsung a call and get hold of the update with 1469.0 on it.  I contacted Samsung via the Richer Sounds support line and followed the options to Samsung support.

QE50Q60T User
Journeyman
Options

I think it might be important to talk your specific issue through with Samsung as there seem to be different fixes.  As you can see below, version 1469.0 solved the problem for myself and Ian, but EGuitarStar received version 2010 which was the fix for them.  Please try Samsung again.  The lady I spoke to both times was lovely and took me through some basic checks and then suggested the firmware update straight away.  It was less than a 20 minute call.  

0 Likes
kyk88
First Poster
Options

seems like the fix is only known in the UK. I've spoken to Samsung support in Germany, and they suggest that the update via usb isn't known to them and insist if the update works, if should become available very soon......bit annoying this whole saga really.....

But good to know at least the update works also on the Q60T. 

0 Likes
iheijthuisen
Student
Options

Same problem here (Netherlands). Just spoke to the Samsung support by telephone. They also said that the firmware version 1469.0 is not available in The Netherlands and they can't do anything about the problem right now. Really annoyed by the fact that a worldwide company can't get their sh*t together. If a problem is known than they should take care of all countries where this specific model is released.

0 Likes
kyk88
First Poster
Options

So I got in contact with Samsung UK and suggested that they send out the usb with the update to Germany. However, this was not possible as they support only customers who are based in the UK. I then went ahead and suggested they send it to a UK address, where it would then be forwarded onto Germany. However, they replied saying that the update 1469.0 is only permitted for use for TV models that have the code ending with XXU (TV Models in sold in the UK). I have the XXH as the TV was bought in Germany. Apparently the update wouldn't work for models sold outside of the UK. 

I will try and get in contact with Samsung Germany to see where they are at. This is starting to become rather frustrating......

0 Likes
nthompson13
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a QE50Q60TAUXXU and the sound problem was there straight away.  After a bit of back and forth with Samsung Help UK Twitter, they pointed me in the direction of update 1460.9 which would resolve the issue.  This doesn't update to my TV as it's on version 1467.1.  They then admitted that 1460.9 wouldn't update on my TV as it's an older version and that they are unaware of any newer versions that will resolve the issue.

Could anyone advise how they contacted Samsung to get the USB stick with version 1469?  This seems ridiculous to go through all this hassle for such an established company like Samsung!

0 Likes
QE50Q60T User
Journeyman
Options

Step 1 : In UK Call ‘Richer Sounds’ Customer Service Team on 0333 900 0094

Step 2: Listen to the Options

‘Please choose from the following options’

If you’re calling about a problem or repair about your Tv  - Press 1

So we can connect you to the right person

Please choose carefully from the following options

If your TV is smaller than 39” ... blah balah

If you are calling from a mobile phone .......would like a text message ..........

Otherwise please select the manufacturer of you TV from the following list....

For Samsung Press 1

If you TV is less than 12 months old please press 1

We are now transferring you to Samsung to help with your repair.

Agent on phone went through some troubleshooting the recommended Firmware 1469.0 and sent out the stick.

I am just assuming that the agent would deal with you if you did not buy from Richer Sounds.  I don’t remember her asking.

0 Likes
nthompson13
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for this.

Samsung eventually suggested I phoned their helpline - 0333 000 0333.  After going through the options and a couple of advisers, I've been told that a USB stick with version 1469.0 is on its way to me.

Here's hoping it does the job!

0 Likes