Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 06:19 PM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
QE50Q60T User
Journeyman
Options

Brilliant news.  Thanks Ian.  Fingers crossed it works on the Q60T too!    

DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Yes brilliant news! Anytime confirmation something has been fixed and works is a welcome change. Sorry I didn’t realise it was 1469 rather than 1460.9. Normally the next release would be 1461. If it works I’ll be requesting one myself as most of my viewing is at night at low volume.

0 Likes
kyk88
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue on the Q60T. I live however in Germany, and Chat support said that it is currently not available in Germany......fingers crossed they rollout the updates globally.......

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

Received USB file today but unable to update. moved the update msd file to upper root but still get no update found.  

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

I think I moved the "info" text file to the top level as well.

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

I also moved the info file as well.  Could you confirm this is correct.Screenshot (18).png

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

Your screenshot looks ok to me. I cant confirm mine now, but will check tomorrow. I also copied it onto another usb (formatted to NTFS) I cant remember if I used the samsung or my own usb for my update as I was playing about with the 2 usbs! Might be worth you finding another usb, format it as NTFS then copy the files over and make sure the upgrade and info files are in the root of your usb. I took a screenshot of my upgrade.msd file last week and I notice its a slightly diferent size to yours! My screenshot was before I moved it to root.

Screenshot_20210325-213259_Twitter.jpg

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

Also your "special" folder is different to mine..

Screenshot_20210325-213632_Twitter.jpg

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your help.  Wondering if they have sent me wrong firmware as would have thought both updates would be identical.  Looks like i will be back on chat again.

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

No probs. I think the info text file has the software version in it.

0 Likes