Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 04:37 PM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
QE50Q60T User
Journeyman
Options

Great - that's more encouraging!  Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

:smiling-face:

Ian Price
Explorer
Options

The usb update has sorted the sound problem, after an initial hiccup...! When i plugged the usb in and clickedon update, it said There are no new updates! So I contacted samsung again via twitter and there didnt seem to be a solution. They asked me to check that there were files on the usb stick on a computer. There were.

I eventually figured it out myself....There was a large 1.3Gb upgrade.msd file within two other folders (T-NLKDEUC Special > Image) I simply moved the upgrade file to the top level/root of the usb, then it worked and upgraded to 1469 in less than a minute! Job done!

Joexedge
Student
Options

Dang.....USA or Uk?

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

UK

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

That's great news.  Is there a way you could share the update files?

EGuitarStar
Journeyman
Options

Just been in touch with chat support, they are sending me a USB with firmware version 1469 on it.

I find it utterly bizarre that the firmware is not available online to download, Samsung would rather waste money on USBs, packaging and postage. Stupidity!

I can understand if someone didn't have the means to get hold of a USB flash drive, give people the option. 

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

HI.  Glad you are getting it sorted.  Do you have to return the USB stick to Samsung afterwards?

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

Hi.  Does the updated firmware completely eradicate the sound issue? or can you still hear it albeit at a much lower volume?

0 Likes
DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Given the firmware version is the same as latest available online I would find it surprising if it fixed the issue. If however it does fix it then there is something about their supplied USB drive that they have tinkered with so if it fixes it we should all be onto them for one of these USB’s.

im interested to see what happens if they don’t fix this issue then we say it’s not good enough that “you have sold us a product with a known fault that you can’t fix” and then see if they offer us anything as their next generation models will be more important to them than last years generation.

0 Likes
Ian Price
Explorer
Options

The firmware on the usb is 1469.0 The latest online is 1460.9. So the USB firmware is newer than what you get online. It does completely fix the sound issue. Unable to share it I'm sorry!

If you do get the USB, remember to make sure that the upgrade file is on the root (top level) of the usb, as I had to move mine up a few folders for it to update.