Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 03:53 PM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
kedr69
First Poster
Options

На мой взгляд лучше ничего не менять в сервисном меню телевизора. Не такая серьезная проблема. Если сильно беспокоит шум, лучше купить колонку, например JBL. Не дорого и качество звука не хуже, а то и лучше чем у телевизора.  Если деньги позволяют то можно и саундбар купить.

0 Likes
EGuitarStar
Journeyman
Options

I have a 50 Inch TU8500 which suffered from the same issue described by others, strange noise on low volume. I was already on the latest firmware for my TV and the issue was still present.

Be careful and you carry out any changes at your own risk, if you are not comfortable, do not carry out anything described on this thread and contact your supplier or Samsung.

Look at Page 6 and review the details from @RobertIrl and @Nebunu777. Others have posted the same on other pages too.

I managed to resolve this same issue with the instructions. Mine involved disabling Speaker EQ.

It is a shame that engineers nor Samsung have addressed this issue either with firmware updates or notifying their engineers of this particular work around.

0 Likes
CMC444
First Poster
Options

Hi, does anyone know if Samsung have found a resolve to this issue yet?

0 Likes
Pedro Correia
Apprentice
Options

Bought yesterday a TU8505 50" and that sound issue still happens (sadly I didn't know this thread 😅), it's really annoying. The TV remote control it's minimal and it doesn't have the buttons to access service menu, therefore I can't test.

I'll call Samsung Support next Monday and let's see what they tell me. If this is a global model issue, I'll just ask for a refund and try to find another TV

0 Likes
EGuitarStar
Journeyman
Options

I have the TU8500 50" which came with 2 remotes. But yes, I'd contact Samsung first.

evijay
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Engineer would change value against one particular parameter.

The noise would be eliminated , but do observe sound quality afterwards, especially for BASS.

Pedro Correia
Apprentice
Options

So they fix it by using a workaround where you'll loose some other sound related capabilities? Kind of a bummer for a brand like Samsung 😓

Thank you both for the answers.

0 Likes
evijay
Journeyman
Options

It may be subjective. 

As per Samsung, I was the only one requesting to revert the sound settings to original one.

Another member in this topic did not experience thinning of sound that I observed.

So do observer and decide :smiling-face:

The main problem with TV is not sound .. it's JUDDER which is observed in all 2020 models, but not sure if we have other brands with good motion handling in this price range .. I bought the UE50TU8500 at around 400£.

JFZ
Student
Options

Also bought a TU8500 50" a few weeks ago, in the very first days I noticed this audio issue. Samsung support call center told me this was something normal, due to a "thermal" thing. Apparently the guy had no idea what he was talking about, this sound cant be normal. 

I turned off the equalizer by entering the service menu, which solved the problem, but I lost sound quality.
Some users of other models (Q60) have adjusted other parameters to solve the problem, which do not seem to be available on the TU8500... 

I was offered a refund (by the Store where I bought the TV), but im not sure, the tv is otherwise good in every aspect, and for the price I have not really any other good alternative.

My best hope is they release a software update to solve the problem. 

Or buy a soundbar... 

What do you think? 

0 Likes
Pedro Correia
Apprentice
Options

As I said I talked with Samsung Support and it was scheduled a remote management to today.

They did the update remotely, changed the "PQE Inx" value from 48 to 53 and another value in one of an "AMP_" option (it was a hex value, I don't remember 🙂), then deactivated "EQ Sound" and activated immediately.

After these steps that crazy sound it seems to have stopped or at least it's a lot lower, I'll test it better at night when everything's quiet. Let's see how it goes.

As someone already wrote in this thread, he told me that this is a know bug in some models and Samsung will release soon a firmware update to fix it, also said that using a soundbar solves it.

0 Likes