Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 12:14 AM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
evijay
Journeyman
Options

From a post on page 6 , below is the process . You would need old remote . But I would say don't do it , the menu is bit complicated with too many options and any mis-step and we may not be able to revert. So it has risks involved. As far as I know no reset would be able to revert back, if you change anything with service menu.

Engineer visited this week to fix background noise issues through menu settings, he changed a couple of settings and no more background noise now , but the sound has gone thinner . I have requested another visit to revert back the changes. We may need to live with this noise.

1. Login into the secret service menu

turn off tv and press the following buttons in succession: info, settings/menu, mute, power

2. Give it a couple of seconds after it turns on and it'll bring you to a blue screen menu.

3. Go to Control --> Sound--> Speaker Eq turn it off

4. Get out of menu and turn off tv. Give it a few secs and turn it back on

5. go back to sound settings in the normal settings menu and select standard sound and then go to the Equalizer tab and bring the bass down, the first 3 lines. Bring it down to -5 each

6. come out of the settings menu and select your input. Check sound, noise should be gone

Conar96
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help, so disappointing as apart from this issue the tv’s great. Poor show from Samsung 

0 Likes
chief5
Explorer
Options

Hi.  I also had Engineer visit and he also changed  a few settings in the service menu.  The background noise is now considerably reduced and you have to get your ear up close to the speaker to be able to hear it.  The sound is definitely not thinner.  Do you know if the engineer turned Speaker Eq  off?  as this would result in the sound being thinner.  The engineer  didn't turn speaker Eq off on mine and the sound is pretty good although i do have it set to amplify.

0 Likes
kedr69
First Poster
Options
Здравствуйте! ТЕЛЕВИЗОР 50 «Samsung TU8570. Также обнаружил, что на громкости от 1 до 5 отчетливо слышен 
булькающий фоновый шум. Но я его слышу даже на более высоких уровнях громкости , но в тихих сценах.
Сначала расстроил этот факт. Решил ничего не менять в настройках и не вызывать сервисного
инженера. Для нас этот шум не критичен, проблем нет.

0 Likes
evijay
Journeyman
Options

Thanks!

Not sure if thinner is the right word, but definitely sound quality is compromised to reduce the background noise.

I had the same doubt so I did check the Speaker Eq , It is 'ON'. 

This may be specific to our personal observations ,or maybe the engineers are using different settings.

Engineer would revisit on 15th and I would update if it have any impact or it's just my mind playing tricks.

0 Likes
evijay
Journeyman
Options

Hi .. Had another visit from engineer, and now reverted the EqMax settings from 53 to 48 .. Noise is back , but I feel audio has better weight now . So I will adjust with noise. This could be personal preference.

This EqMax is not available in the SOUND service menu with our remote, but this is available with special remote brought in my engineer.

0 Likes
CMC444
First Poster
Options

Hi, i also have the same issue, does anyone know if connecting a sound bar to the tv will solve the sound issue?

0 Likes
Shaun1971
First Poster
Options

Hi. 

Yes, connecting a soundbar will solve the sound issue. 

0 Likes
jf_cole
Apprentice
Options

Could you take a photo of the settings in the hidden menu he put in?

I have these options on the Q60T and i tried turning the Speaker EQ off and it sounded rubbish.

20210118_210228.jpg

0 Likes
evijay
Journeyman
Options

As per my belief the menu content is different when Samsung engineer worked on my TV. May be it's differnet remote that he carried with him. He changed the value of MaxEq (do not remember exact name) from 48 to 53 . This reduced the noise however I felt this reduced the audio quality so I requested a revisit to revert it back to 48. 

0 Likes