Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 03-10-2020 11:09 AM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
Cairnsyyy
Journeyman
Options

. Hi I just got a Samsung Q60 this week and have the same problem.

I’ve tried the software update but have the same issue. I’m not keen on having the speakers on main board replaced if this doesn’t fix the problem, looks like I’ll have to do the same and call them tomorrow 

0 Likes
Cairnsyyy
Journeyman
Options

Update: I’ve returned the tv and got a refund as it was a known issue and sadly there is currently no fix for it. 

0 Likes
Dhruv1
Student
Options

*Edit

Secured refund. Deleted account.

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

I am still struggling. 

posted this on a few threads to see if it gets noticed but complete missing of the point from the people supposedly trying to help..

40A7C0C3-FE3A-47FF-AC5F-203D0F634434.jpeg

8068B6E9-22F2-4636-92AD-EDB194D369B9.jpeg

0 Likes
Anonymous4
Student
Options

Don't bother. Get a refund.

I had the same problem. Samsung customer service had never heard of the problem so I took a chance and had it replaced. The new one has the same problem. This has cost me alot of time and headache. I'll just return the TV and start looking for another model/brand.

It's shocking that; 1. Samsung let this pass testing and is still sellin it, 2. That Samsung is not doing anything about it. I suspect it's a hardware related error but they could at least inform customer services and save us all some time.

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Struggling to get a route in for an uplift reference though. I have posted here, spoken on the phone and now pasting it all over the facebook page to see if anyone wants to make eye-contact with it.

Customer service (and ownership of incidents is wretched). 

AO.com (the retailer I used say I have to get the uplift no. else no dice) it's just painful. really, really painful

0 Likes
MrBlueFox
Explorer
Options

Ok so an update guys. This isn’t a known issue on any devices and Samsung are not treating this as a known issue. The Q60T is ‘clean’ but they are sending an engineer to investigate. 

FD3AD8C3-5DA5-41D0-BADC-AC83A4407166.png

0 Likes
Anonymous4
Student
Options

@Dhruv1. From the seller. Contact them.

Bover87
First Poster
Options

I bought the TU8500 yesterday and have noticed this same issue immediately. I can't unhear it.

I'm going to contact Samsung to add my voice to the numbers of those who have already done so.

Would appreciate further updates from anyone else affected.

0 Likes
noz
Student
Options

I had an identical issue and you are right once you've heard it you can't unhear it.

Looking at this and other threads for other products this seems to be a widespread fault across a number of TVs so I would take it straight back for a refund and look elsewhere. 

This is a shame as I found the TV to be pretty good otherwise but it appears not to be fixable as people have complained for a few months.

0 Likes