Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange noise at low volume on TU8500 TV

(Topic created on: 14-07-2020 09:10 AM)
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options

I recently got a Samsung TU8500 50 inch TV and am overall extremely pleased with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when playing the sound through the TV speakers, when I reduce the volume to 1 or 2, I can hear a noise that sounds like wind on a microphone.  It is not very loud, but still noticeable.  When the volume is at 10 you can still hear it if you are close to the tv but over that volume when watching TV you cant hear it and it is hidden by the programme sound (unless the programme is particularly silent.  If I mute the tv the noise goes away. I was wondering if this is normal or if there is an issue with the TV or how I can fix it?

Thanks

164 REPLIES 164
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options
Hi. I have exactly the same issue on my new tv and had posted a similar query a couple of weeks ago but no replies as yet. I think I will have to call Samsung. Have you had any luck?
SteveS1
Apprentice
Options

I have this same issue on a new Q65 TV.

It only makes this sound when the input is from my Virgin Media V6 box. All apps within the TV don't get the wind like noise.

CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options

We don't have Sky / Virgin etc. but the issue is on everything:  Freeview, Freesat, games / films on PS4 and all of the apps (Prime, NowTV, iPlayer etc)

Got an engineer coming next Thursday to take a look.

andyt2
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have same issue be interested to hear how people solve it 

CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options
Hi Andy

Engineer came to look last week and immediately said there is an issue with either the speakers or the main board. They are coming back next week to install new speakers.

Cheers

Ian..
SteveS1
Apprentice
Options

That’s good news Ian. 
how did you manage to book the engineer appointment?

thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
CoatesieUK
Explorer
Options
Hi Steve

Just went through the procedure at samsung.com/uk/support/repair/tv-av/

At the end there will be a link to book an engineer. I received a call within an hour. They came out last Thursday and are coming back next Thursday to hopefully fix the issue!

Ian..
0 Likes
SteveS1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Ian. Will try that now. 

0 Likes
rjvc68
Journeyman
Options
Hi, sorry, I had not checked here recently. That is interesting to hear what the engineer said. Hopefully he will be able to fix the issue with new speakers. It doesn't seem too good if this is quite a common issue on several Samsung models.
0 Likes