Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stickers on new TV screen

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 04:59 PM)
Bradley78
First Poster
Options

Having a terrible time removing adhesive stickers from the front on a brand new QLED tv, what on earth are they thinking about back at the factory. 30 plus minutes later still trying get residue off screen, damp micro fiber cloth and lots of elbow screen, still not off yet and can’t turn on tv in case it melts in.  Any ideas would be much appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
The_Sprawl
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. If you solved it, please let me know, it's driving me nuts.

0 Likes
Whale49
First Poster
Options

Samsung must be doing a lot of Dumbthings to their Smartthings. Just opened a new TV with same problem. My first response from Samsung said this issue was unrelated to Samsung.  Will give them one more try to resolve and if that fails, will be returning TV.

0 Likes
Chris_1001
First Poster
Options

Had the exact same issue. I couldn't believe it. But then I realised the whole screen has a thin plastic film (doh!) that you peel off and the stickers are gone, hey presto!

AnnieM98
First Poster
Options

Thanks you Chris_1001 that has just saved hours of cleaning and frustration

obitv
Pathfinder
Options

Best adhesive remover from screens is WD40, spray onto a cloth and clean the area. Clean quickly over with a damp window cleaner cloth

0 Likes
George6503
Apprentice
Options

There is a very thin, very clear protective plastic sheet over your new Samsung TV screen that is almost impossible to see. The barcode sticker is stuck to the plastic sheet, not to your TV screen. Peel off the entire plastic sheet, starting with the upper left top corner, and the barcode sticker will come off with the plastic. Problem solved.

George6503
Apprentice
Options

WD40 will permanently ruin a Samsung screen, so don't ever use it. Slightly damp soft cloth only to clean it.  However, the barcode sticker is not on the actual screen anyway.  There is a very thin, very clear protective plastic sheet over your new Samsung TV screen that is almost impossible to see. The barcode sticker is stuck to the plastic sheet, not to your TV screen. Peel off the entire plastic sheet, starting with the upper left top corner, and the barcode sticker will come off with the plastic. Problem solved.

Hellycopter555
First Poster
Options

Oh thank you! I hadn't noticed the plastic protective film on the screen! 

Gwenaxe
First Poster
Options

I’m so glad you posted this. You saved my sanity.