Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam Link missing from QN95B

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 04:29 PM)
Jishin
Student
Options

Hi all,

I had a faulty 85" QN95A that, due to stock problems of the seller I chose, was only yesterday able to substitute with a QN95B model.

Unfortunately I noticed that the Steam Link application, which was working fine in the QN95A, is missing from the Store or from the new Game Hub.

The TVs have the same hardware, so this is just something that is happening due to the new Tizen OS.

This has already happened in the past but I was hoping that there would be a faster iteration and that there would be already news, somewhere, whether the app will be available, since we use it on a daily basis in my family and we were fine until yesterday.

I contacted support, which raised a case, but I am not really sure if it will allow for any progress on my request.

Don't really want to get a USB stick and connect it via wifi when I have ethernet cable connectivity to a pricey smart TV.

Thanks for any answers, as this is my first post in the community, I hope this works and doesn't break any rules.

6 REPLIES 6
Laimonas
Student
Options

I have exact same issue with qn90b - even changing region doesn’t help. Steam link worked fine on previous Samsung tv so my upgrade is actually downgrade 😞

__3
First Poster
Options

It's disappointing that this is no longer available (or was never available) on the QN95B when it's on cheaper TVs. I hope it returns.

SteamUser
Student
Options

I completely agree that this is a downgrade.  I just received a QN90B with the Gaming Hub, but no Steam Link App to be found.  In this house, Steam is king.  I'm sad that the app is not available in the Gaming Hub (@Samsung, you need to fix this.  Steam is the leading gaming infrastructure in the entire world).  In my case I will just use one of my two Steam Link devices to get around the issue.  Unfortunate that I have to do this.

Laimonas
Student
Options

Yeah,  I did got steam link device too as workaround, Samsung dropped the ball on this one.

Jishin
Student
Options
I ended up getting a Chromecast but the latency, since I connected the TV via ethernet instead, is annoying me. I will have to spend extras, besides the Chromecast, to buy the ethernet dongle and take the cable off the TV, so I will skip the Tizen OS entirely. Not a great experience.
0 Likes
SteamUser
Student
Options

Overall I find myself underwhelmed by the QN90B.  The hardware seems acceptable, but firmware 1420 seemed to (and as stated by others) severely damage picture quality.  I upgraded to 1430.1, but have not spent much time with it.  For such an expensive TV, I should get all of the quality I paid for and not have that quality greatly reduced by bad firmware on the TV.

The installed ver of the Tizen OS is absolutely sad.  It's laggy and convoluted.  I cannot seem to find anything as easily as I did with prior Samsung TV's.  The UX is a bit awful.

Those points combined with the removal of the Steam Link app (for what should be a gaming-empowered TV) might well mean the end of my brand loyalty to Samsung.

I'm going to leave a review shortly, because I feel my UX is what average users will experience and they should know the truth.  When I first tried to do so, a window popped-up stating something such as "Your low rating means we misssed the mark.  How can we fix this?".  I hate to say it, but a call from tech support won't fix this.  Samsung has just made some very bad decisions, and I now need to rethink where I go for quality. 

0 Likes