Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a Class Action Lawsuit Against Samsung for their Faulty Qled TVs

(Topic created on: 18-04-2023 06:55 PM)
Scaryseacow
Journeyman
Options

Are you fed up with the poor quality of Samsung's Qled TVs? Did you waste your hard-earned money on a Qled TV? Are you concerned about the number of their TVs filling our landfills? If so, you may want to join the class action lawsuit against Samsung for their faulty TVs. This class action lawsuit is meant to hold Samsung accountable for the products they produce and to ensure that no large screen TVs end up in a landfill within 3 years. Please reply if interested. (My Qled is flashing blue after 2y 9m, Samsung told me it can't be fix).

33 REPLIES 33
UE75BU8500 Owner
Explorer
Options

Always best to get an extended warranty most of these provide that on everything but the most tight budget models: 

John Lewis Partnership: 5 years

Currys: 5 years

Box.co.uk: 6 years

Richersounds.com: 6 years

It's horrible situation you're in and I think there's many people with a similar story.

My last Philips (£1000) lasted 6 months after the warranty expired and my previous Samsung was about 8 months after the warranty expired. 5-6 years' use is disgusting.

0 Likes
Scaryseacow
Journeyman
Options

We have 6 Samsung TV's in our house. The Qled is the last one I purchased and the first to fail. After reading many comments, there is an obvious problem with them. I'm looking at Costco's today for an LG. I'm done with Samsung as a company. I wished you lived in the US as the class action will be for US citizens only. It's not the first-class action lawsuit against Samsung for the quality of their TV's. Bringing a class action lawsuit in the US is as easy as driving to the store. Lawyers line up for this business. 

spiritualdrifter
Apprentice
Options

Not even 2 years , im on my second Samsung with a faulty panel power issues , 65 inch ue65au9000k , the retailer box.co.uk lied to e about warranty therefore its not covered , Samsung also shrugged there shoulders , 1k gbp tv dead after 1 year 5 months , on PayPal credit so now must do sales of goods act and small claims court or action a section 75 request due to the credit liability part , worst part i still owe 400 for the tv that is now dead laying on living room floor , don't buy Samsung , trash TVs trash service and stay clear of box.co.uk pirates 

ps couint me in , i can prove via warranty returns etc previous purchases of samsung tvs that are faulty

Klipstick
First Poster
Options

Count me in‼️ i google searched “can i sue Samsung for faulty product “ and it led me here! I had my tv less than 2yrs at this point. Within the 1st 6months it did that thing where it starts turning itself off and on and it was still in warranty so they came out and fixed it free of charge. Fast fwrd about a year later and the same problem! They offered to pay for parts if i pay for labor which was fine however, they then told me “we do not have a service provider in ur area”… what if i was a new customer how would this be resolved?! Absolutely not!!! This is unacceptable!! 

Upset_with_Sam_Sung
Journeyman
Options

This is a great idea. The customer service is very poor and. they just dismiss you. The product is obviously faulty!

M4ndie
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I had so much hassle from Samsung I eventually contacted the uk president and quoted the consumer rights act of 2015 this only applies to in the UK . I eventually got a refund for the pile of ***** tv that I bought .

hope this helps

Wayne_1973
Apprentice
Options

Interesting topic, count me in.

Do you mind me asking who you got in contact with please M4ndie?

My tv is only 2 months old and is unwatchable with darker images.

Samsung say there is nothing wrong with it as it passes the picture test but the picture test shows bright vibrant pictures so the light bleed is not present.

I am really dissapointed with the tv that cost a hell of a lot of money.

As Samsung support will not help me i need to find somebody who will.

I wish i had never bought from Samsung. I wont make the same mistake again, the TV and Support are rubbish.

Broadcast Projects
First Poster
Options

Hi,

For irrefutable evidence that these screens are bad, please contact me. 

We use multiple screens in galleries for broadcast. This week we have 8x QE55Q700TAT screens, purchased in 2022 but not used until now. 4 have failed. Testing shows it’s the processor board. The backlight is fine. this board will be common across all similar screens. 

we looked at the heat output from a working unit using an IR monitor and it is much higher than we would expect. 

they are 100% not fit for purpose, we have never had 1/2 of a gallery fail, it’s utterly unheard of. We are littered with useless Samsung junk! 

59DF1F11-199C-41DC-8BAF-4A6C40945C5F.jpeg

EA0F6F19-5FC5-44D5-8445-629F031C7D44.jpeg

0 Likes
Scaryseacow
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I don't normally go down this route, but when you pay over $1000 for a TV, it should not end up in a landfill in less than 3 years. I'm still looking for more people for the class action lawsuit. Companies should be held accountable for the products they produce. 

0 Likes