Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stains and fluctuations on a brand-new Q950T screen

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 10:22 PM)
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

Please help me identify this issue, I'm curious whether this is a bug or I should return the TV or send it to service.

You can see a sort of stains on the screen. And even though this is not visible in the photo I can see the grid created by the backlit.

IMG_7855.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@r2-d2: What is the picture quality like when viewing channels and apps? This issue is likely to be more pronounced on a plain background like those in the images provided, however you could try heading to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, to see if the issue is visible in the sample image. 

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

I did the tests and wasn't able to find any problems there. You are right, plain backgrounds are affected the most. Been watching a movie today and there was an episode with a clear blue sky, didn't look well.

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

I spoke with the service center and they said this requires a screen replacement. On a brand new TV. Very nice.

While taking images for them I also captured these horizontal lines. Was wondering couldn't this be a One Connect box issue? I saw similar problems on the internet. I mean, at least try a new One Connect box first before replacing the whole screen would make sense?

IMG_7870.JPG

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @r2-d2 ,

if the Picture test is not showing the issue then will be something else. Have you tried to disconnect any external devices and test the TV to see if the same thing happens?

Our colleagues will test everything on the TV before performing the repair so if this is not a screen issue they won't replace that part. 

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

Hello Tess,

The picture test doesn't show any problems. The images there actually aren't suitable to see the problem, which occurs on plain backgrounds and gradients, such as clouds, blue sky, waterfalls with lots of spray/steam, and some ambient themes also suffer as you can see on the screenshots above.

Yes, I tried disconnecting everything, and even the person from the support connected to the TV remotely and did a reset. This didn't help, unfortunately.

Best,
Alexander

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @r2-d2 . In this case, I would suggest waiting for the engineer's report so he can advise what part is causing the issue and replaced it. 

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

That's actually funny that I've bought a TV for $6k, been waiting for the service for a few weeks. The TV was a present for my son's birthday, which is tomorrow. And now I don't have a TV. Guys from the service took it away today and they have no idea how long the repair will take. And it's funny that they told me that I've to take my TV back from the service myself because they have just one FREE visit included.

And overall, I don't feel good that a brand new thing will have such serious repair done as a screen replacement. You buy a new thing, it appears there are defects, and instead of apologies and a replacement you wait for a call back from the service, you wait for the repair, you wait, wait, wait... and eventually have to carry the TV yourself from the service :smiling-face: Very nice experience.

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

Samsung says it's all good and they don't want to do anything about this. They say the defects I'm seeing are my hallucinations because their tests don't show anything abnormal.

0 Likes
r2-d2
Apprentice
Options

Any comments from Samsung?

0 Likes