Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Drive to record to Samsung QE65Q60AA TV

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 11:47 AM)
Jon _W592
First Poster
Options

Good morning,

I have recently purchased the above TV and I'm looking for a compatible SSD hard drive to record to. I would like to stick to 1TB max, as that should be plenty and after spending what feels like a small fortune on the TV already, I don't want to break the bank on a hard drive but I defiantly want it to be SSD.

Any help/ suggestions greatly appreciated?

Thank you kindly 

Jon

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Why an SSD in particular? Just for power savings? The TV wouldn't be able to make use of the extra read/write speed anyway. I'd still opt for a USB powered HDD and would look at WD passport since they are really quiet and use low power consumption drives anyway. SanDisk which is also a WD company make decent portable SSD if you really want to go down that route
0 Likes
Jon _W592
First Poster
Options

I was just advised that SSD would be the best but not really being up on technology I don't know what is best. All I want is something to record onto instead of my BT You View box that I have at present. Also since writing my original post I've realised my You view box was 500GB capacity and never got past 50% full so I probably don't need 1TB (again it was advised by a friend).

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
A 500GB HDD should be fine then
0 Likes
Jon _W592
First Poster
Options

Any suggestions on any compatible ones please as I see some only can be used with windows so cant be used with a TV?

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The TV will want to reformat the drive, so any from WD or Seagate will work.
0 Likes
Options

I’ve asked about recording in standby and a moderator responded with the following

"I've had a look into this for you, and the Schedule Recording feature doesn't appear to work in standby mode. If your have a Sleep Timer of Auto Power off setting applied, then the recording will override this, and switch off the TV when the recording is complete, so it seems that the recording won't work if the TV isn't on. "

0 Likes