Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify app no longer working

(Topic created on: 27-01-2019 07:45 PM)
16Elsa
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

All of a sudden the spotify app on my Samsung Smart TV stopped working (I am just seeing the green logo on a grey background). I have tried unplugging the TV, reinstalling the app and resetting the TV to factory settings, but nothing seems to get rid of this problem. I always listen to music on my TV so this is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
TomF
Options

Hey https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-update-the-software-on-my-samsung-smart-t...

0 Likes
16Elsa
Apprentice
Options

Hiya, thanks for your reply. I’m actually not sure what model it is, I’ve had it for a few years. I’ve just had a look, but there’s no new updates available for my TV. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
TomF
Options

Not to worry. If you're able to get behind the TV, there should be a white sticker with the model number. Another way is by going to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung. 

We do usually have updates available to be downloaded on our website, which might not be available over-the-air just yet. If you could let me know what version you're currently on, I can double-check this for you.

0 Likes
16Elsa
Apprentice
Options

That’d be great thanks. The model is T32E390SX, software version 1530. 

0 Likes
TomF
Options
Your TV seems to be all up to date and running the latest version available. Are you only having problems with Spotify or are other apps affected? If all other apps are in working order, then it might be worth popping a message to Spotify directly and seeing if they can shed any light on this.

0 Likes
16Elsa
Apprentice
Options

It's only spotify that's no longer working - all other apps are working fine. I'll contact spotify, thank you for your help!

TVissues1
First Poster
Options

Tom,

I have same issue on my Samsung TV.

Spotify works on my phone and tablet but I get an error message on my TV.

It worked fine for ten months and just stopped.

barb2020
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Can you please confirm the latest software version for the TV Model T32E390SX

The support download page on Samsung's website thinks this model reference is a printer and the software version listed is 1520.2

Thanks

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TVissues1 - Are you still having the problem with Spotify on your TV? If so, could you confirm what the error message says?

Hi @barb2020 - The correct software version for your TV is the one you've stated, 1520.2.

0 Likes