Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify app no longer working

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 06:58 PM)
16Elsa
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

All of a sudden the spotify app on my Samsung Smart TV stopped working (I am just seeing the green logo on a grey background). I have tried unplugging the TV, reinstalling the app and resetting the TV to factory settings, but nothing seems to get rid of this problem. I always listen to music on my TV so this is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
balf118
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue from today even after reinstalling app

09dave
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue, worked for a few months then stopped. Made sure software up to date, removed & reinstalled app but still nothing.

Model code: UA65RU8000WXXY

Current version: 1335

Software Version: T-MSMUABC-1335.0, BT -S

Spotify Error on TV display:

ad1ec5ba934f4f54bc2fb24509a1519d

Gadik2000
First Poster
Options

Hi All, 

Any update on Spotify stop working? Samsung Q90 shows error and long number.

esfande69
Student
Options

I have the same issue too!

Model code: UN55RU8000FXZA

Current version: 1356

Software Version: T-MSMAKUC-1356.2, BT -S

0 Likes
diamondprincess
First Poster
Options

Mine has stopped working as well. I reinstalled and the deleted the app several times to no avail. I also updated the tv and reset the smart hub. This app has been working for years on my tv until last night. 

esfande69
Student
Options

Mine works now! I tried everything, resetting, reinstalling the app, clearing the cache on the TV from the device manager, nothing worked. Then I remembered I had a software update yesterday for my Galaxy S10 phone. I always use my phone to log in to Spotify on my TV. I opened the app on the TV and used an old phone (Galaxy Note 4) to connect to Spotify, and voila! It worked!

I think maybe something was wrong with the framework update on my phone and it being on the same wifi network as my TV, since the app stopped working with errors on the TV right after I used my phone to connect!

Now the S10 also connects with no problem! (I still recommend clearing the cache once before trying this).

0 Likes
Coniglio
First Poster
Options

Spotify does NOT support Samsung TVs and the Tizen Operating System.

Your app will not stream properly. 

It took me six months to get to the bottom of this, so look elsewhere if you want to stream music on a Samsung Smart TV.

0 Likes
Dj72
First Poster
Options

Mines is the same and my tv is only 3 weeks old was working ok now nothing 

0 Likes
5tarman
Apprentice
Options

On my new TV8500 it wont even install starts download then does nothing and back to install button.

0 Likes
Coniglio
First Poster
Options

Was told by Samsung rep after six months of attempting to fix this that Samsung does not fully support Spotify app. My two year old Samsung allows it but it constantly drops out or skips the stream.

Absolute BS that they do not support the software and even more BS that they don't tell you this until six months of attempts to resolve with Spotifyand Samsung. All about $$.

0 Likes