Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish TV

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 05:50 PM)
Mike153
First Poster
Options

I have recently returned to the UK from Spain. My Samsung Smart TV was purchased in Spain and I cannot change it to function as a UK TV. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mike153 Have you tried changing the region.

A solution which worked for some customers in the past was:

1. Start by setting the source to Tv.
  2. Once you have set the source to TV, press the Menu button, then select the  System sub-menu.
  3. In the system sub-menu you should see a  Set Up option. Click to begin setup.
  4. Continue the setup until you are at the "Smart Hub Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy" Page. When you are on this page, press the following buttons in a direct sequence.

Smart Remote: MUTE - VOL UP - CHANNEL UP - MUTE   or

IR Remote: » - 2 - 8 - 9 - « (this is FFWD - 2 - 8 - 9 - REWIND)

It may well take a few tries but ideally you will see a bigger country list and be able to proceed. 

See some more detail here How-to-change-a-smart-hub-region-on-a-samsung-smart-tv 

You may need to create a new Samsung Account if you previously had a spanish email address. some further information in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/mu6100-how-to-change-country-for-apps/td-p/382149/page/2

If no resolution you would be advised to contact Support.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
Reset to factory settings
0 Likes