Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds in Ambient mode 2019 QLED

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 06:46 PM)
RF1000
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I just installed my brand new 2019 Q85R QLED and I found out that the new ambient mode looks very nice but it also generates a relaxing sound over my sonos. I don't if this is new or its also on the 2018 models but it's very annoying. My Sonos stops playing spotify and switch to the tv in Ambient mode. If I manually swich to spotify again it goes back to the tv after 1 minute.

Seems to be there's no "No sound" option in the menu? Is this right? How to solve this?

42 REPLIES 42
AK-47
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have got a Samsung Q90R and really like the ambient mode but hate the sounds some of them make. Wouldn't it be simple for Samsung to update the sound menu and make it possible the switch sound in ambient mode to "Off"?

0 Likes
Spies
Apprentice
Options

Have you found a solution for this?

would like to play Spotify while in Ambient mode (I used to be able to). 

Spies
Apprentice
Options

I agree. Have you found a solution?

0 Likes
Levvo
Student
Options

No, not yet.

0 Likes
Diagodog
First Poster
Options

Here's the best I got from them:  Ambient Mode has no menu associated with it.  Whatever your model does when you turn it on, whether it plays music or doesn't, that is what you are stuck with.  In most cases, when you try to play music through an ap, the display will change from Ambient mode to the ap screen.  Can't you turn the sound on your Sonos off if Ambient mode plays some creepy music?

• If you want to have a black screen while music plays, you can put some music on a thumb drive and put it in the USB port.  You will get a new menu and one of the options is "Picture Off."   You can't have "Picture Off" while Pandora, Spotify, etc, plays.  Likely because Pandora, etc., doesn't want us to be able to.
  • If you would like to play some music from a third party source (home theater CD e.g.) while having pretty pictures (or a pretty picture) displays, then put a picture on that thumb drive and call it up and THEN you can probably play music from an external source.
  • I have not tried either of the above.
  • You would think that for the prices they charge for these TV's, such functionality would have been a no-brainer.
0 Likes
Spies
Apprentice
Options

The thing is when I first bought our TV (about 7 months ago) I was able to play music while in ambient mode. I distinctly remember seeing a little box in the right corner of the ambient screen with the music info that was playing. (Inside the box it showed what musician and song was playing). At the same time my pictures were on the screen (this was the collage choice in ambient mode). 

Then this feature disappeared.

I would think Samsung could work on this and send an update to the TVs. I thought companies wanted to please their customers...or has that disappeared as well?

0 Likes
Diagodog
First Poster
Options

Quick update:  I inserted tunes on USB thumb drive.  Voila, a choice to turn off the screen, so...music with black screen, but not via an ap.  But as to music PLUS photos or photo, no luck.  I am going to presume that some third party did not want their screens covered up by Samsung's ambient photos (or anything else).  

0 Likes
3JL
Journeyman
Options

Took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded (Q9F from 2018): the trick is to connect via Bluetooth with the tv, not via AirPlay or Spotify Connect. 

The steps I took on iOS: from the Bluetooth menu in iOS settings, connect to the tv (you need to verify on the tv). Then, when in ambient mode, if you play a song from Spotify it automatically plays it via de tv as it it were Bluetooth headphones/speakers.

Hope this works for you as well!

Spies
Apprentice
Options

This worked. Wow! So easy. 

I have a feeling though that my Bluetooth headphones will no longer work with my TV because I changed the sound output. I will have to test that. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
3JL
Journeyman
Options
It is a bit of a pain I am now finding out... walking too far away stops everything (I’m contrast to Airplay or Spotify Connect). Definitely not ideal...
0 Likes