Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sounds in Ambient mode 2019 QLED

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 05:36 PM)
RF1000
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I just installed my brand new 2019 Q85R QLED and I found out that the new ambient mode looks very nice but it also generates a relaxing sound over my sonos. I don't if this is new or its also on the 2018 models but it's very annoying. My Sonos stops playing spotify and switch to the tv in Ambient mode. If I manually swich to spotify again it goes back to the tv after 1 minute.

Seems to be there's no "No sound" option in the menu? Is this right? How to solve this?

42 REPLIES 42
Matze123456
Student
Options

There is no optical cable :face-with-tears-of-joy: no Hdmi, no DP ....nothing....just ambient mode :thinking-face:

0 Likes
Lark
Journeyman
Options

Ambient mode is a great feature, but now this feature is becoming useless since there is no opportunity to turn off the sound. Apart from this it is also a sound which is not particularly tasteful 

cremefresh
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Makes Ambient Mode useless till this issue is fixed. Why is there no reply from Samsung so far?

UPafus
Journeyman
Options
Because „Voice of the customer“ is obviously not important for Samsung
0 Likes
cavernoso
First Poster
Options
Same here. Ambient mode is pretty useless if I can't have Spotify playing in the background.
0 Likes
cremefresh
Apprentice
Options

Heeeelloooooo Samsung, can you hear us?

paulpat
First Poster
Options

I just had my Q75R and had the same problem. Wanted to have ambient mode while playing on sonos. After one song, the sounds from ambient mode kicks in and stop my sonos playlist. Seems no quality testing from Samsung

0 Likes
DerMaxxx
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung,

I'm so disappointed that this feature is unavailable. It is really not that "far" from a daily use case - everyone wants to play music (only), as a smart tv connecting to everything event IoT house (smarthing) you do not want to participate on that simple use case? How do you want to solve more complex use use if you are not able to solve the simple ones?? 

Are you really giving your best?

kind regards,

Markus

0 Likes
RPR
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with my Q90R (nov-2019). Samsung please provide an update in order to be able to play music in Ambient Mode. The feature is very disappointing and uselesss without this option...

0 Likes
cremefresh
Apprentice
Options

And still no reaction from Samsung ...

0 Likes