Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound resetting on TV

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 07:29 PM)
maf571
First Poster
Options

I’m hoping someone can help me.

I have a Samsung 55" JU6800 6 Series Flat UHD 4K Nano Crystal Smart TV and I have now purchased a Devialet sound box.

Was working fine but now all of a sudden when I turn the TV on it defaults back to TV speaker instead of the external soundbox only.

I then have to go to the sound settings on the TV choose HDMI, it turns off the TV speaker and then a box comes up bottom left of saying it’s connecting to Anynet+ then TV speakers come back on again.

This happens every time I turn on the TV

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
I'm presuming you've got the Sky UK Devialet sound box?

If you are using Sky with the Devialet sound box they released, you should have it set up where the speaker is connected directly to your Sky box using HDMI and then HDMI from your Sky box to your TV - this is only for the picture as the sound will go from your Sky to the Devialet box through the HDMI connection. I haven't found a way round this where you can connect the Devialet sound box directly to the TV.

My TV (Sony 4K) doesn't recognise the sound box all the time. I've had to set the TV volume to 0 (zero) so that it doesn't scare you (it did to me once!). Your Sky box will automatically turn on your Devialet sound box straight away and the sound will come through via the HDMI connection. The only way you can connect the Devialet sound box directly to your TV is with optical cable. That way, your TV will recognise the connection with optical cable but only when your Devialet sound box is turned on and when it has optical selected as the output method (rather than HDMI which it is set to by default). Doing this will mean you also have to independently turn on the Devialet box to activate the optical cable without turning on your Sky box.

If you don't have Sky and you're just using the Devialet sound box to your Samsung TV then optical is the only option. If you are only using optical on the Devialet sound box, it should stay at the optical setting. This will mean it'll send the sound from your TV directly to the Devialet sound box but you will still need to turn on the Devialet sound box independently each time you want to watch TV. There isn't an optical sync setting that I know of like the HDMI sync which, if using a Samsung soundbar for example, would turn on when you turn on your TV.

I hope that makes sense.
0 Likes
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
I'm presuming that you have Satellite TV with Sky UK and that you have their Devialet sound box.

The only way you can connect the Devialet box using HDMI is via your Sky box. You have to connect your Devialet box to your Sky box using HDMI and then a HDMI cable to your TV. The option to connect the Devialet box to your TV directly using HDMI using HDMI arc is non existent. It has to go through a Sky box. Your Devialet box will turn on on its own when you turn on your Sky box.

If you don't have Sky or you want to push sound through to your Devialet box from another device, like blu ray player, Xbox etc, you will have to use optical cable from the Devialet box to your TV.

If you have used the optical sound setting and then turn on to go back to a device other than your Sky box, the Devialet box should stay on the optical output. For example, if you've been playing Xbox and you turn everything off, when you go back to play Xbox again and turn it on along with your TV, the Devialet box will already be at the optical sound output. If, however, you do have Sky TV and you turn the Sky box on, your Devialet box will revert to HDMI and get sound from your Sky box only.

If you don't have Sky TV at all, your only option is to use optical cable but you'll have to turn on the Devialet box independently each time you want to use it, but it will be at the optical output setting when it's turned on each time.

I hope this make sense.
0 Likes