Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Going into standby mode after 3 mins

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 09:06 PM)
Wess1977
Apprentice
Options

Your 

Hi there everyone, I hope someone can help me with this rather annoying issue that has started to happen to me in the last month..... 

I own a Qe65q9fna TV. 

I have a bang & olufsen soundbar attached to my TV using the correct hdmi cable via the hmdi arc connection. This has worked correctly for 1 year.

Within the last 1 month my sound has been switching off at 3 minutes.... And as no signal to my soundbar it goes into stand by mode. When I go back to the TV speaker that works fine then back to the sound bar it works for 3 minutes again.

The firmware on both my TV and sound bar are up to date. And the cable is connected correctly and worked fine for a year. 

My TV is 3 years old and has 2 remaing years warranty left.

I would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue or any ideas to resolve this issue. I'm starting to lose faith in the Samsung brand at this stage. 

Kind regards
Wess

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Why Sound bar switches-off on its own?

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/why-sound-bar-switches-off-on-its-own/
Wess1977
Apprentice
Options

Than k you ornyour help. I have read this article already. My issue happens when watching TV. Sound is working then boom right on 3 minutes the sound bar goes into stand by mode. I'm forced to use my TV speaker until this issue is resolved. 

Flo416
Student
Options

Hello, did you find a solution to this problem regarding your soundbar going into standby after 3 mins? I have the same setup as you & the exact same thing is happening. So annoying. Please let me know.... thanks...

Wess1977
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, yes I found a solution in the end. It's an issue with the firmware on the bang and olufsen soundbar. Contact them and they will ensure your firmware is updated. They seemed aware of my issue and very helpful. I was switching my speaker off at the mains but now I leave on standby mode to allow firmware updates to take place. You can also update for your firmware to be automatically updated when updates become available on the B & O APP. Contact them and they'll sort you. 

Flo416
Student
Options

Many thanks for replying. I will do a firmware update & contact B&O as you suggest & hopefully will get it sorted. Thanks once again 👍

MariusRatiu
First Poster
Options

I have this exact issue between Samsung TV Neo QLED QN90A and Beosound Stage. At around 3 minutes the soundbar starts by just turning off then it turns the TV off. Extremely frustrating. How do you update firmware if auto updates are already on? 

0 Likes
nc0
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with Samsung S95C tv. Updated firmware on both TV and Beosound Stage and it didn't help.

I pressed the power button once (physical button in the middle of the sound bar just on top of the cover for the cables) and it works now. Maybe that keeps it on all the time and doesn't let the speaker go into standby mode? Not sure why but it worked for me.

0 Likes