Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out intermittently on 2020 Frame TV with connected soundbar

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 12:11 PM)
poprock
Journeyman
Options

I have the 2020 55" The Frame TV, and a Sonos Arc soundbar. I have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

When I first switch on the TV, the sound is intermittent. It plays through the soundbar for a few seconds, cuts out for a few seconds, plays again, cuts out again, etc.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the soundbar usually fixes it. But that’s not really good enough – I need a permanent fix.

With the TV menu bar open, I can see the sound source auto-switching back and forth between HDMI ARC and just HDMI. When it says just HDMI, there’s no sound.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this issue?

48 REPLIES 48
poprock
Journeyman
Options

Have you applied all the latest firmware updates?

My Frame/Sonos setup via eARC works perfectly since the most recent updates to both. All problems solved.

0 Likes
DustinT
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I have been running the Samsung firmware posted from late April and Sonos app claims there are no updates available.

I still have the issue. My workaround is to not power off the TV but let the ambient settings sleep the TV when no motion is detected.

0 Likes
coolbips
First Poster
Options

QUICK WORKAROUND:

No need to reboot the devices or unplug the cables

Goto Settings -> Sound -> Sound Output

Change from HDMI - eArc to TV SPEAKER

Once the sound is working on TV speaker, switch it back to e-Arc and it should work.

Give a thumps up if this works so that others can follow.

0 Likes
MJP123
Apprentice
Options

Hi

thank you but this doesn’t work for any length of time before it cuts out again. Samsung have basically acknowledged that they do not have a solution to this problem.
This appears to be a straightforward compatibility issue with many different makes and they do not have a software or Firmware update and do not follow up with the customer!

0 Likes
Break2Fix
First Poster
Options

SOLVED: So I have a SoundBar A530 and a Curved UE55JU6500 having exact same issue cuts/drops out every so often on TV ARC (HDMI) channel, very fraustrating!

Anyway, A Firmware update on the SoundBar only fixed my issue, I have used the USB method, simply follow the link to download the neccessary file to a USB stick and plug into your soundbar usb port, follow the instructions to get the fireware updated for you model types by clicking on this link <https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0021435> , Hope that helps!

p.t yemzy
0 Likes
MJP123
Apprentice
Options

Hi thank you for your reply unfortunately I do not have a USB port on my B&O Stage soundbar.

Samsung have given up replying to my requests for Help and the retailer  who sold the TV is next to useless!
I find it appalling that this issue is left unresolved and these products continue to be sold.

0 Likes
Nick_W1
Apprentice
Options

2021 55” Frame TV and Sonos Beam gen 2 has the same issue.

0 Likes
rprop
Apprentice
Options

I have the same exact issue and its worsening.  If anyone gets any updated news please update the board 

0 Likes
poprock
Journeyman
Options

Everything has been perfect for me since the firmware update in March. Completely solved the issues.

0 Likes