Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out intermittently on 2020 Frame TV with connected soundbar

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 12:12 PM)
poprock
Journeyman
Options

I have the 2020 55" The Frame TV, and a Sonos Arc soundbar. I have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

When I first switch on the TV, the sound is intermittent. It plays through the soundbar for a few seconds, cuts out for a few seconds, plays again, cuts out again, etc.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the soundbar usually fixes it. But that’s not really good enough – I need a permanent fix.

With the TV menu bar open, I can see the sound source auto-switching back and forth between HDMI ARC and just HDMI. When it says just HDMI, there’s no sound.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this issue?

48 REPLIES 48
DustinT
Apprentice
Options

I talked with my contact at Sonos ( I live in Santa Barbara the home of Sonos) and they are aware of the issue, working with Samsung and tell me that Samsung’s patch is scheduled for late February or early March. 

RaySukhdeo
First Poster
Options

Hi Tom, that’s great news! Could you forward me that communication? 

I’d like to hold them to that. I purchased a TU8000 75”, and Sonos ARC, having the same issues. I’m considering sending it back, and going with another TV that doesn’t have this issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
Eastman117
Student
Options

I called both Samsung and Sonos support today to get some clarification on the status of the compatibility issues between these two products

Samsung and Sonos are both aware of the issue and both development teams are working on supplying a firmware fix ASAP. I have email transcripts of the conversation and written confirmation that this update will be coming out.

I will post in this forum with the information once it hits my inbox. Samsung also said they would call me once the firmware is available.

ns412
First Poster
Options

Hi there! I've been following this thread with great interest -- having similar issues and hopeful a fix will come out soon. Did you end up hearing from Samsung or Sonos in the last couple of weeks? 

0 Likes
DustinT
Apprentice
Options

No new news. Last I heard was early March.

Anyone else know something different?

0 Likes
Tom8000
Apprentice
Options

It's going towards march ... Did anybody hear something about that topic? 

0 Likes
Pete24
First Poster
Options

I check the updates the other day, nothing as yet.. March hopefully 

0 Likes
Sound issue
First Poster
Options

Have had the Frame 55 and Sonos arc for a month and just started happening this evening. Soundbar works fine if I choose a different source and therefore isn’t a SONOS issue. Sound on TV works fine thru TV speaker but cuts out every few seconds when played thru Sonos. . 

0 Likes
hi-tone
Apprentice
Options

If I know Samsung best this is probably gonna be May, then June and maybe arriving in September.

0 Likes
DustinT
Apprentice
Options

I updated to version 1462.1 (posted 2/24/2021) via USB update.

The firmware DID NOT resolve the issue

0 Likes