Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out intermittently on 2020 Frame TV with connected soundbar

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 07:59 AM)
poprock
Journeyman
Options

I have the 2020 55" The Frame TV, and a Sonos Arc soundbar. I have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

When I first switch on the TV, the sound is intermittent. It plays through the soundbar for a few seconds, cuts out for a few seconds, plays again, cuts out again, etc.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the soundbar usually fixes it. But that’s not really good enough – I need a permanent fix.

With the TV menu bar open, I can see the sound source auto-switching back and forth between HDMI ARC and just HDMI. When it says just HDMI, there’s no sound.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this issue?

48 REPLIES 48
poprock
Journeyman
Options

That would be fantastic. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
BogeyBobby
First Poster
Options

excellent news.  Would love for this to work properly.  Thanks Tom8000

0 Likes
DustinT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tom8000

0 Likes
rlegare
First Poster
Options

65" Frame 2020 model and Sonos Arc. Same problem. I'm using the optical connection workaround while waiting for a solution. So frustrating! At this price point, things should just work.

0 Likes
poprock
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, optical connection works but then you lose the basic ability to control the sound volume with TV remote. A really frustrating workaround.

Let’s hope this update in March really does solve things.

0 Likes
Schmidtsky
Apprentice
Options

I'll add my case to this thread so I can see updates on the thread.  Frame 65 with Sonos Arc.  I can usually get 2 days of usage before the hitting the audio cutout problem.  I am using arc instead of eArc as it seemed to be more reliable.  The only way to fix the audio problem once it starts is to cycle the power.  Hoping that the March update mentioned in this thread is the solution.  Until then my powerbar switch is the solution.

Schmidtsky
Apprentice
Options

Today my Frame auto updated to 1460.9 so I went to the website to see if they also increased the version number available there.  Sure enough, there is a v1461.0 available for manual download now.  I may give it a try this weekend.

0 Likes
poprock
Journeyman
Options

Do Samsung say anywhere what’s in these updates?

0 Likes
Schmidtsky
Apprentice
Options

I could not find any information about what was in the patch.  Samsung also seems to have pulled it off their website as someone on the sonos board asked for a link but when I went back to the page, it shows the 1460.9 again.

The file I downloaded last night had the following info.txt inside the zip, so it looks like it is 1461, but if they pulled it, I am not sure I want to apply it to my TV without knowing why.

[Main information]
upgrade type: USB
model string: T-NKMUABC
major version: 1461
minor version: 0
build date: 2020-11-30
release name: SWU-OU_T-NKMUABC-01461-2020-11-30-Release
firm code: SWU-OU_T-NKMUABC_01461_2020-11-30
firm version: 01461.2020-11-30
used key type: NikeM rel key decrypted aes key/NikeM rel key private rsa key
tool version: 1.7
partitions: 123456789101213141518192223
md5sum: 55106665e3ce1e3d5fba1985a73d4946

If there is someone from Samsung on these forums, is the 1461 a legitimate firmware to apply?

0 Likes
Eastman117
Student
Options

I purchased the last boxed q95t 55" yesterday from jbhifi and I am also completely invested in the Sonos ecosystem. I plan on purchasing a Sonos arc t upgrade my playbar and just got an Xbox series X as a full system overhaul to bring it up to the new standard and generation of technology.

This EARC technology was one of the fundamental reasons for me upgrading so discovering these forums acknowledging comparability issues with eARC is unfortunately a complete deal breaker with the TV. 

I'll speak to the Samsung rep at jbhifi today to see if he can any insight into the update. 

If Samsung can 100% guarantee that this WILL be fixed I'm happy to wait and keep the tv but I'm not risking purchasing a brand new expensive top of the line tv for it to be left behind and not have it's widespread issues ignored by its faithful customers.

I dare say the still sealed box is going straight back to jb and I'll be waiting to upgrade to the new line once I know it has been fixed.

Samsung really need to comment here and atleast let us know IF there will be a fix. Its not worth risking until we KNOW that it will be resolved.

0 Likes