Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cutting out intermittently on 2020 Frame TV with connected soundbar

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 12:44 PM)
poprock
Journeyman
Options

I have the 2020 55" The Frame TV, and a Sonos Arc soundbar. I have the soundbar connected via HDMI ARC.

When I first switch on the TV, the sound is intermittent. It plays through the soundbar for a few seconds, cuts out for a few seconds, plays again, cuts out again, etc.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the soundbar usually fixes it. But that’s not really good enough – I need a permanent fix.

With the TV menu bar open, I can see the sound source auto-switching back and forth between HDMI ARC and just HDMI. When it says just HDMI, there’s no sound.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this issue?

48 REPLIES 48
Roger8
Journeyman
Options
my sonos sound bar is connected via an optical cable to the TV
Roger
0 Likes
poprock
Journeyman
Options

If I connect the Arc via optical then I lose out on Dolby Atmos, auto-syncing, and full control of the Arc from the TV remote. What I want is for the HDMI eARC connection to work properly.

millsuk
First Poster
Options

You are not alone, this seems like a major issue with Frame TV's. I've got a 55 and 75" Frame, both that aren't working with the Sonos Arc. Incredibly frustrating. There is a thread on Sonos community that seems pretty active (without solution)

poprock
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, nothing from Samsung so far. We need a UK/EU firmware update for all their TVs with OneConnect boxes, not just The Frame range.

I can use the Arc in plain HDMI mode, but every couple of days it reverts to auto-switching back and forth between HDMI modes and the sounds cuts in and out as a result. I have to reboot the Arc (switch off at the plug, leave for a minute, and restart) to fix the problem. Every time.

uxdiogenes
First Poster
Options

I’m having this same issue and it’s incredibly annoying. Samsung needs to get a firmware update out to these TVs.

DustinT
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with The Frame 65” and Sonos Arc. I did find if that turning off the Dolby ATMOS in the Samsung Advance Audio Settings and change the output to either PCM of pass through temporary helps. Sonos points the finger at Samsung.

0 Likes
Tom8000
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here.

I have a The Frame 2020 75. As a Christmas present I bought a Sonos Arc. After some days I discovered the exact same problem. The sound is cutting off for a few seconds and plays again for a moment. The only thing working is to cut off the Sonos Arc and the "The Frame" from power for a few seconds. It obviously resets the connection HDMI eArc. Then it works for a session. 

Any news regarding the topic?

0 Likes
Pete24
First Poster
Options

This has been happening to me also since October, when I purchased both of these items together. It is incredibly annoying to unplug these items and have them reset every time you want to watch television.

Given it looks like Sonos and Samsung aren’t looking to fix the issue, has anyone had the experience of returning the items, which is easier to return?

0 Likes
Tom8000
Apprentice
Options

I got today the confirmation of Samsung that Sonos and Samsung work together on the issue. A software update can be expected in March according to the Samsung Support.