Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound cuts in and out randomly on Home Theatre / Blu Ray player

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 01:35 PM)
Chas54
Apprentice
Options

I have, 3 weeks ago, bought a new Samsung Neo QLED TV, QE43QN90B ATXXU, It works fine, including the TV speakers until I try to play the sound via my Panasonic Blu Ray / Home Theatre system, SC-BTT182, which admittedly is about 10 years old now. However, I managed to connect it using an optical cable and at first it worked fine, but after a few minutes the sound suddenly goes very quiet, barely audible, and then a minute or so it comes back on again normal volume. This keeps repeating until you switch off. On returning to the TV speakers it works fine. NB. I have also tried connecting via the e ARC HDMI port with a similar result. One final point when playing DVDs the Picture and sound are fine (I have the DVD player connected via a normal HDMI port).

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I'd first check all the connections, making sure that everything is where it should be and seated in the devices.
Then, if possible try and work out what is not working properly. By bypassing certain components to see where it all goes wrong.
0 Likes
Chas54
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response. I shall try it out. I have since my post succeeded in making a connection to a Bluetooth speaker which seems to work OK.

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Might need to go into sound advanced option and change to pcm
G G
0 Likes
Solution
Chas54
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response. As it happens, after looking for so information on line, I had tried the change to PCM. Sadly it did not help. I have also tried checking connections etc. Yesterday I had a conversation with a Samsung rep. Who was of the view that the problem was probably one of compatibility - the Theatre system is relatively old. I have now acquired a Samsung sound bar, which seems to work well. So thank you both for taking the time to help, the sound bar seems to be the fix.

0 Likes
BrizzleRocker
Journeyman
Options

Please see https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe55s90-with-hw-s800b-sound-cutting-out/m-p/9523461#M94081 as there is a known issue with the current firmware.

0 Likes