Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some websites showing "server not found" when we know they are available on our other devices?

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 02:22 AM)
delboyuk2508
Explorer
Options

We have a Samsung Smart TV model number: UE40JU6445K, and would like to view a certain website which we watch sometimes on our laptops, tablet, PC and mobile phones with no problems at all, but every time we try to view it on our tv it keeps saying "Server not found", when it clearly is ok and found by all our other devices.

I have looked at the settings of the browser to see if it was blocking it for some reason, I even added it as a "approved page" but it still won't appear.

Just for your info the webpage is www.webcamtaxi.com

I have attached a couiple of pictures of the site, 1 from my laptop showing the site is up and running fine, and the other a picture of my TV with the site "server not found", if we browse other sites they load up fine it is just this one causing a problem.

The same webcam can be viewed from another website www.albufeira.com with no problems at all.

Webacmtaxi on my laptopWebacmtaxi on my laptop

webcamtaxi not showing on our TVwebcamtaxi not showing on our TV

Any advice to overcome this issue would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Derek

3 REPLIES 3
EnriqueMarin
Journeyman
Options

Check if your IP and DNS settings are correct, also, if your TV is connect through a VPN, or Pi-Hole, disable those and use automatic settings

0 Likes
ElleQue
First Poster
Options

same started for me today. the site worked fine yesterday but today - server not found. it's the page I use for all my tv streaming so it's really frustrating 

0 Likes
minealex2244
First Poster
Options

Same thing is happening to me. Maybe the browser is so old that it doesn't support newer websites (which is really strange considering the browser on this older smart TVs is relatively "new", 2018-2019).

0 Likes