Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED} Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 04:12 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If you TV is no longer connecting to wifi, this solution worked for many of us.  Press and hold the power button on the Samsung TV Remote until the TV shuts off and comes back on. Then configure for the wifi.

Cheers,

Barbara

24 REPLIES 24
Breasy22
First Poster
Options

This person is 100% accurate. I just called Samsung for 2nd time in less than 6 months; certain apps not working consistently, constantly having to do the hold power button down multiple times in same sitting, and did a factory reset after first service call and still had same issues. 

Second rep was much more thorough and ran multiple diagnostic tests and his conclusion was that it was a faulty Wi-Fi card in the TV and the options he presented were to hire a 3rd party technician to assess and potentially repair(could cost up to $300-$400, half initial value of TV) or recommended purchasing a new TV/taking advantage of Black Friday deals…

I asked if they would provide me with a trade in value for my current TV and he said he would look into that and get back to me. I let him know I’d be much more open towards purchasing a new TV if that was the case, otherwise I’d be more likely to, as this person did, buy the part I needed and attempt to repair it myself…

Shadowmask
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much, this actually worked for me on an old KS7000. 

Melpic
Student
Options

I have two Samsung that are doing the same thing. All the time they lose wifi connection and I have to reset the whole tv ! Happened 3 times so far what’s wrong with the wifi cards/ modules in these tvs . 

0 Likes
Rgoknots
First Poster
Options

Worked for me. 

Thank you,

Barbara 

0 Likes
Melpic
Student
Options

Yes it also worked for me but the problem for me is I have to keep doing it . The tv still disconnects from the internet every few days . And when you do this method you have to put the whole wifi password in and reconnect , every time it happens !! very annoying . 

0 Likes