Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED} Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 12:20 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If you TV is no longer connecting to wifi, this solution worked for many of us.  Press and hold the power button on the Samsung TV Remote until the TV shuts off and comes back on. Then configure for the wifi.

Cheers,

Barbara

24 REPLIES 24
Dolph
Explorer
Options
Yes. You can rename your 2.4ghz name or 5ghz because your Samsung has problem reading them both. Or you disable 2.4ghz and problem is solved to.
0 Likes
Tristan2020
First Poster
Options

Pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds until the tv shuts off and turns on again works for me. 

After 2-3 seconds after it's turned on again it's connected to my wifi. I don't have to enter my wifi pw again.

Model: Samsung Q60R 55" GQ55Q60RGTXZG

But why did it work for 6 month without any problem? Now I had the problem 2x in 2 weeks. Was there an update?

0 Likes
Von2001
Journeyman
Options

I wish I knew myself:(

im still having to restart my tv 

I have read some things about changing Ip and dns 

but I don’t have that Tec savy  

i guess I’m going to have to call my ISP provider 

but I don’t think that’s it 

I think it’s a Samsung issue 

I’ve checked my updates and they’re good 

so I’m waiting for someone also to pop in with a permant fix 

good luck !!!

0 Likes
Dolph
Explorer
Options

Go into your router (look that up on YouTube or something because it's a thing if you're not tech savvy)  and change the name of either your 5ghz or 2.4ghz. They are named the same and your tv can’t switch properly between them. This will most likely help you. It did to tons of others.

Von2001
Journeyman
Options
I will try to understand by watching you tube because that is so far out of my knowledge ,, but thank you for the post very much
I’ll post back if I do get it !
0 Likes
Von2001
Journeyman
Options
I tried this off you tube it connected not sure if it will do it again yet
I’ve been having to hold the off on power button on my tv till it restarts so hope this reset works
Fingers crossed

https://youtu.be/dT-PPdG64-I
0 Likes
Bumblebee210
Student
Options

Hi All,

Yes resetting will only fix short term but in future the hardware will fail (wifi module). I have had this issue with previous samsung models and had insurance and was done under that. Samsung will not repair their thieves. I had the main board changed as it is recommended to change both if changing the wifi module. I only notice it dropping out wifi on apps like channel 4 and itv on demand.

0 Likes
rolanbello
Student
Options

I happen to have all wireless problems with my Q8DT TV. When reading status on service menu BT version says nothing and wireless MAC says Fail. Amy tips where I can expand on this issue? And, if I need to replace would you offer any guide? Thanks.

0 Likes
bladesman83
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately you need a new module. I had the same issue and had a new one installed under warranty. The replacement has now failed also! There is some inherent issue with them.

rolanbello
Student
Options

Thanks for the answer. Mine is out of warra ty already since I bought a "used" one. I got to buy a new module already, but thanks to your shared experience I won't waste any time paying for repair services if it's possible this one will fail also. Tha ms again.