Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to "Server down for maintenance" error when setting up CrystalUHD TV

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 07:03 PM)
Feyyaad
Student
Options

I've had a nightmare time trying to set up my new 2020 model Samsung CrystalUHD TV. When setting up via SmartThings, the app generates error codes such as "06-001" and the TV says to continue setup via remote. When configuring via remote, it gets stuck at "Downloading terms and conditions", and eventually gives an error stating "The server is down for maintenance. Please check again later" with an error code of "7-1".

The solution here is to connect the TV to a 2.4GHz wifi network instead of a 5GHz or hybrid 2.4/5GHz wifi network. This will ensure that the terms and conditions download, and you can switch to the 5GHz network again afterwards. My home wifi uses a hybrid network through a bunch of TP-Link Deco M9 units; I had to put them into pure 2.4GHz mode to get things to work.

Hope this helps someone else stuck in the same problem loop as I was.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Feyyaad 

Could we confirm that everything's working as it should now with your TV?

0 Likes
Feyyaad
Student
Options

Hi! Yes, everything is working as it should regarding this specific issue. I have since disabled 5GHz wifi at my router because hybrid mode causes more trouble than it solves!

0 Likes
Azshannnar
First Poster
Options

If your router is an issue and you're unable to switch it to only 2.4ghz try a phone Hotspot. What I ended up to update my smart monitor. Just be sure the phone is set to 2.4ghz. Dumb work around but it worked for me after messing around with my router for half an hour.

0 Likes
Gen_Niox
Student
Options

For anyone else that's having similar issues (error code 7-1), seems to be a popular one.

Hate to say it, but I had to do a couple things. More than likely for you, it's because your ISP auto-blocks ads and such.. that's effectively what my network was doing.

(1) I had to reset the TV. It was somewhere in the main settings app.

(2) I had to reconnect to my Wi-Fi network, skipping all other initial setup-prompts.

(3) I went into Network settings (within the settings app), viewed the Wi-Fi configurations, and changed my DNS to be manually set instead of automatic and set the address to Quad-8 (8.8.8.8).

(4) I finagled my way to signing the Terms and Conditions.

(5) After that, everything else worked like a charm. I could set everything back to the way it was, changing DNS, the whole nine. Stinks that I had to basically rebuild my old setup.. if there's an easier way to change/set DNS servers on the TV and agree to the T&C, please post so the less tech-savvy can more easily accomplish this. I spent easily two or three hours troubleshooting every last little thing on my network and this finally did the trick for me.

Best of luck to you.

- Gen

i may need help
First Poster
Options

hey i wanred to ask about manually setting the adress to quad 8 

is it generally used or how did you put this specific numbers as adress? i hope you could answer me back.

0 Likes