Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke from Samsung (UE55KU6400)

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 02:46 PM)
edwmas
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I had smoke come out of my TV this morning and now the screen has gone completely. Pretty bad for a 4 year old TV. Can anyone help? Can it be repaired?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Barrym
Apprentice
Options

Hi had a response from Samsung, they have given me a cost of £360 odd quid with only a 3 month guarantee, surely as I’ve seen a few people with the exact same issue, this would be an eye opener for Samsung, i mean what would happen had i not been there and the thing caught fire. I’ve requested they repair the unit under an extended warranty.

0 Likes
edwmas
Journeyman
Options

Unacceptable! I am still chasing a report from the engineer who have said it’s a manufacturing issue. 

edwmas
Journeyman
Options

So after a lot of arguments they have now said the tv has suffered screen failure due to wear and tear. Obviously they are denying any manufacturing issue even though it seems there is more than one of this model TV with the same problem. They won’t provide a report for my insurance and they offered me 15% off a new Samsung TV. Really disappointed with all this saga. I wonder what would have happened if this caused some home damage or someone got seriously injured because of the smoke. I am emailing the CEO and if needs be I will take it further to the ombudsman. 

0 Likes