Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke coming from Samsung Tv

(Topic created on: 30-05-2021 07:16 PM)
49miles
First Poster
Options

My Tv has been sat in the same spot pretty much for the past 7 years, I turn it on today to play a game and the top left hand corner the screen is a little darker than usual so I check settings back light etc and play around with them. Problem is still there. Turn the Tv off and all of a sudden there are these black almost wire looking prints down the left hand corner towards the mid left screen. 5 minutes later whilst I have my torch shining on the tv smoke starts coming out the back of the tv and the most awful burning smell starts to fill my room. Please help!?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
StephK1
Options

Hey @49miles, I've sent you a PM regarding this. Please take a look as soon as you can. 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Unplug and do not use it. Fairly sure Steph's message will say similar, if the TV is that old it may be more cost effective to replace than attempt a repair with that kind of fault and damage to the panel
49miles
First Poster
Options

Thanks Steph, I’ve sent you a message with all the details 

0 Likes
49miles
First Poster
Options

Hey thanks, yeah have done that. I can’t work out why the screen and sound still work but there almost looks like a bit of a burnt screen. I appreciate technology is moving fast but surely under 10 years shouldn’t be that old for a tv to do that. Baring in mind I’ve not touched it, could it have over heated? I’m just glad it’s happened during the day and not whilst I was asleep 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Unless you covered the air vents it shouldn't have overheated, more than likely the power regulator in the circuit controlling the panel back-light has failed which is why those wires have now burnt onto the panel and destroyed some LEDs. 7 years is a good run for a flat panel TV. I had a Toshiba that lasted 4 before I got my current Samsung. I say current it's around the same age as yours. I got the Toshiba because at that point they were built in the UK
User46885378
Explorer
Options
OMG 😱 you are lucky it didn't set on fire
momo30
Apprentice
Options

hello, this is what exactly happened to my tv just now! 

Darker screen on the left, then smoke came out 5 minutes later!
Did you throw the tv away or this is fixable?

thanks!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@momo30: I'm sorry that you have experienced this issue. I want to get this escalated for you, therefore please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and include details of your issue, including the model number, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to assist you further. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
49miles
First Poster
Options

So sorry I’ve only just seen this message! I had a Samsung repairs team look at it because out of the 5 years I’ve owned it I’ve only used it for 3 they’ve told me it’s repairable but a warning. They took my Tv beginning of July and I’ve still not received it back or heard anything back so the service has not been great at all, hope you managed to get yours fixed!

0 Likes