Smartview nolonger works (again)

(Topic created on: 24-05-2018 12:32 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi :smiling-face:

Smart view no longer works.

I need it for work and play.

I've used it for years and bought all samsung for this feature.

The issue seems to be twofold. 1) since the update it simply doesn't work. 2) it now tries to mirror but it previously cast/streamed samsung video app while multitasking.

Please advise.

I have s7edge android and a ks9000 smart tv. Until recently I could watch videos on the tv from the phone while multitasking  on the phone (surf net). I had full tv remote controls and subtitles and the tv upscaled.

Now when you go to smart view I get an endless loop circle and it crashes.

If I press pause and then unpause Smart view it will mirror (instead of cast) but it's poor quality and I loose my remote functions, multitasking and upscaling.

You can use alternative players like vlc or mx player to instantly mirror (withiut pause trick) but the tv will not activate its upscale functions and you still cannot multitask.

The above is so frustrating and there is so much confusion online though clearly hundreds have the same issue on s7 s8 s9 and all modern samsung smart tvs.

Does anyone have any solutions?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Anyone any ideas?

It's quite serious. A major feature just no longer works after years...
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Anonymous User. :robothappy:

Anything in this thread on the Smartphone board any good for fixing this for you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi thanks for that. Sounds like same issue but their solution to update was obviously the first one we tried also both phone and tv use auto update.

If you Google this issue it has been a problem since launch but I've never seen it as bad as it is now (having solved all the prior update errors since launch).

Very frustrating.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Anonymous User, know you have been in touch with Samsung for resolution  but you may wish to look at the developer options in this thread   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/S8-smart-view-not-working/m-p/365411  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thanks. That's the solution I found but it's a work around. Samsung have a native app on the tool bar which no longer works in any way for videos of any kind.
This is a problem which they seem to have no intention on fixing without pressure. This issue is costing me extra time which means money every week so I'm not satisfied. Though I appreciate the community support though wish samsung customer support would fix there problems over relying on strangers.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks. That's the solution I found but it's a work around. Samsung have a native app on the tool bar which no longer works in any way for videos of any kind.
This is a problem which they seem to have no intention on fixing without pressure. This issue is costing me extra time which means money every week so I'm not satisfied. Though I appreciate the community support though wish samsung customer support would fix there problems over relying on strangers.

Know not ideal but a resolution of sorts meantime, hopefuly a fix from Samsung in due course.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
James . You're not paid are you? Either way you've been super helpful. I do the same for strangers on other forums and have great respect for online volunteers.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:
James . You're not paid are you? Either way you've been super helpful. I do the same for strangers on other forums and have great respect for online volunteers.

Hi @Anonymous User,   thanks :manvery-happy:     No,I'm a Volunteer   (Superuser) on the forum but I have no direct connection with Samsung.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Maybe they should pay you haha as you're doing their job for them ! :winking-face: