Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTV Apps keep crashing

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 04:27 AM)
Mark19
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a 2013 UEF7000 TV which I have used for several years without any issues. Recently, I have started to have an issue every time I am watching TV shows through apps in the SmartHub (main ones I use are Netflix, Amazon and All4) where the show hangs and  appears to be buffering but never recovers and the app crashes or loses internet connection completely. Each time this happens I have to switch the TV on and off and resume playing. It has become impossible to watch for more than about 20 minues without the issue occurring. I have internet of 150mbps and have tried wired and wireless connections, with the issue occuring with both connection types. I use other devices in the home where I stream video on the same platforms without any problems whatsoever. I have tried resetting the SmartHub, I have the latest firmware, latest version of all apps and have tried signing in/out of apps. Not sure what else to do.

This is driving me mad - please help

Thanks

40 REPLIES 40
erichole
Student
Options
I've been dealing with the exact same problem since i got the TV. I've spent hours and hours talking through "potential fixes" with techs that are essentially nothing more than resetting the tv. Beyond the incessant crashes in all smart apps that lock my system up badly enough that I can't even turn the tv off sometimes for 15-30 seconds), the brightness and picture settings are completely whacked. It could be completely dark in the room with the brightness totally down and the eco mode at high and the TV will go on the fritz and suddenly start flashing so brightly and violently that I worry about seizures. Other times, the picture becomes totally washed out with psychedelic colors or posterizes itself. This behavior happens in all modes, even broadcast signal over the air.

I am furious about this; I don't want anything to do with samsung tvs anymore. I feel like I have no recourse to Samsung. They will continue to have me restart my TV until I die. It's not acceptable. I bought the TV on Jan 15 so I doubt that my credit card will want to deal with this, but this is a real problem. As I feel so out of options, I've been recording video of the symptoms in real time and editing it so that people can see just how often and obstructive this is.  Please give me another option. Take back my lemon and figure out WTF is necessary to keep your apps up. If you can't make your custom OS work, license android or something. Until this gets resolved, i can't help but go out of my way to make sure that people have a full understanding of the lack of accountability at samsung TV. Get it together people

Kdude3
Student
Options

I have the exact same problems with Smart Hub (Smart TV  functionality), including the uselessly &  ridiculously slow internet browser, that always crashes within a few minutes of using it. 

All of which which makes the smart TV functionality useless...

And after all this time in all these users posting this problem, Samsung still has not provided the solution or even any information whatsoever, it’s a ridiculous lack of support by Samsung of the products they sell!

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options
No a peep from Samsung. No email, no call - nothing. Very disappointed in their customer support.
Stephen2020
Student
Options
Has there been nothing yet from Samsung? I'm so sick and tired of having to switch my tv on and off to continue watching some pthing on line.

Anyone who asks me I tell not to touch Samsung with a barge pole.

Iv invested so much on this to and I want to put it in the bin and buy a Panasonic.

How do we get in touch with Samsung directly ? Anyone know?
Kmadkins
First Poster
Options

I, like all of you, have been experiencing the same problem and it is just ridiculous. I have no idea what I can do to fix it. 

Jasontrocki
First Poster
Options

Impossible to switch from one app to another without having to restart the tv. Had multiple phone calls where they tell me to restart/reset smart hub like that’s the panacea, they have my money so they don’t care about fixing it. I’ll never buy another Samsung. 

Onyam8
First Poster
Options
Yeah same issue here too. My tv is about 3 years old.. Bloomberg tv doesn’t work at all.. while others crash after a few minutes. They can barely play video either. I’m considering getting a new tv and ideally would get a Samsung but will be avoiding them if I don’t get reassurance that they’re fixing these issues... it’s just hopeless!!!!!!
Ruthl3ss
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Same problem. Crash apps working with  bufferisation.

EU40JU700

ver. 1530

Gary_York
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Same problem here. TV is about 3 years old and in the last 6-9 months just can’t deal with the Smart functionality. Apps start to buffer like it has a poor internet connection, and because it can’t recover it just crashes the app. Often the only way I can fix this is to pull the power on the TV and start again. Very frustrating.

I’ve tried factory resets and updates but without success.

Model UE43J5500

Version 1530.1

Is anyone from Samsung likely to reply on here?

rbahador00
Journeyman
Options

Ok folks, I accidentally posted here (on the EU Samsung Community Board). I'm in the US. I posted on the US board today and received 2 quick replies. I am attempting the manual update now and will let you all know it if works. If it doesn't work for me, maybe it will solve someone else's issues. Read below for the response and location of how to manually update your tv via a computer and usb drive. 

You can manually load the update from https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-uhd-smart-tv-ju6500?redir=UN55JU6500FXZA. Under the download section, you sill find the updater file, along with the installation instructions