Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings App says TV offline but it's not

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 05:18 PM)
AnneK1
Journeyman
Options

Hi folks, so I've got a QE55Q90RATXXU TV and when I jump into the Smart Things app on my phone, it says the TV is offline.  But the TV definitely isn't as we don't have an aerial so we stream everything on our wifi and both my phone (and the app) and the TV are running on the same wifi so why does Smart Things think my TV is offline.

Also struggling to connect a pair of BOSE wireless headphones to the TV if anyone can help with that.

TIA Anne

55 REPLIES 55
PissedOffCustomer
Journeyman
Options

Have spent many hours talking to Samsung support, no use at all. If deleting/re-adding the device doesn't work try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it as well. This is so infuriating when you've spent a load of money and Samsung clearly don't give a toss for their customers.

CaptainDrew
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue and contacted SmartThings about it. They just ignored the issue and gave me setup instructions.

0 Likes
CaptainDrew
Apprentice
Options

Why do you keep giving setup instructions for people with this issue? Everyone that has this issue has already set it up and it worked in the past. Can’t you just report this as a bug instead of giving these infuriating responses??

RTHCC
First Poster
Options

I've got 8 TVs in a model home, all wired to the same ethernet switch.  one of the TVs is consistently dropping off the network when powered off. Its the 85" 8000 series 2021 model

I've removed, restarted, and defaulted everything.  Any more solutions?

0 Likes
Emily25
First Poster
Options

Every time I try to use my app it says my TV is offline when it is clearly online. Every time the only solution I can manage to figure out is to reinstall and register everything. This is so annoying and you’d think Samsung could fix this bug. 

Rene de la Vega
First Poster
Options

Thanks! This solved the problem.

0 Likes
HanesTheBanes
Explorer
Options

Worked for me, many thanks 👍🏻

0 Likes
NSlack
First Poster
Options

I have exactly this issue with my Frame - did you ever find a resolution better than ‘delete everything and start again’?

Jsplendido
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same issue. However I tried deleting my device from the app. Tried to re-add it. Except my device isn’t shown in the. List of supported devices anymore. It used to I use this app for a long time. Went a little bit without it. And I’m now having this issue. My TV is a QN55Q7FNA. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Medbzd
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with thc dryer en washer. can you please help.

thank you

0 Likes