Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View "No TV Found"

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 08:20 PM)
Martyn1802
Student
Options

Hello

We have a Samsung UE40NU7120K TV which works well online. However, Smart View on my PC, my laptop and A50 Smartphone all say "No TV Found". I cannot get beyond this stage.

So far I have:

Confirmed I have the latest version of Smart View on all devices

Confirmed TV is fully updated (version 1290)

Confirmed TV is working online via house WiFi

Confirmed PCs/phone working online via house WiFi

Confirmed all devices are on the same subnet, default gateway and DNS settings

Confirmed the PCs can ping the TV successfully

But am at a loss as to what to do next to get this working.

At my father's house his older Samsung Smart TV connects to Smart Viiew first time everytime.

Your thoughts please! 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Martyn1802,

That's quite odd. You've done most of the troubleshooting steps that I'd recommend. Please call our AV Team, so they can look at advanced troubleshooting steps. They can be reached on: 0333 000 0333.

0 Likes
Ashk16
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm just wondering if you got sorted linking your devices to TV. I'm having the exact same issues, can't screen mirror or anything! It's like my tv is undiscoverable.  It's so frustrating! Any advice would be really appreciated! Kind regards, Aisling 

mete1981
First Poster
Options

Sometimes,when used long time,samsung tv software becomes unresponsive.Unplugging tv from power source and restarting tv solves this problem.

0 Likes
Martyn1802
Student
Options

In the end I have ditched the Samsung software, nothing worked. Instead I have used Universal Media Server to get the connection I wanted. I can now play media stored on my PC in our TV. I found Universal Media Server very easy to setup and use. Maybe a background in IT helped but would think anyone ought to be able to do it with the instructions available.

AntS
Options

@Ashk16 , What's the model number of your TV? 

TV's after the 2016 range won't support Smartview, so it's best to try and use SmartThings instead: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Smart Things is the better option for more modern Tv's, even if Smart View currently works on your set there may be issues.

Been mentioned in the Community before but worth reiterating that support for Smart View will end on 5 October for all models, if you still have the app may be able to use it but will not be available for download after this date.

Engadget.com/samsung-Support For Smart View Ends October 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

dellt
Student
Options

thanks a lot, that one worked for me!  I was trying to fix this Samsung app issue for weeks but your suggestion works flawlessly, to bad that Samsung has issues, but thanks for sharing the solutions with all other users, really appreciate it.

sorry, I was referring to Martyn1802 workaround with > Universal Media Serve

sam126
First Poster
Options

Same. I had to use third-part softwares

0 Likes
Kaks04
First Poster
Options

Try to use SmartThings and connect your Tv. If you're getting the error in SmartThings too, check this one out.

0 Likes