Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View on 5GHz network

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 07:41 AM)
Neo_QLED
Journeyman
Options
I've a 2022 model Neo QLED and S23 Ultra mobile handset, which is connected to this TV on Smartthings. TV and phone are connected to 5GHz home WiFi network. However, my phone doesn't detect the TV on Smartview if it is on a 5GHz network. It seems to work only in 2.4GHz network. I wish I have Smartview connected on 5GHz to effortlessly stream 4K and higher quality content. Could any one please share their thoughts on this?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Veemak
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Did you write to Samsung about this issue?

0 Likes
Neo_QLED
Journeyman
Options
Customer support, in my experience is nothing but a waste of time. I ended up pulling my hair trying to make the agent understand plain English. The agent had absolutely no clue. After 55 minutes, she agreed to escalate it to senior level and assured to contact me back with a solution. It's been a week now. This is not the first time Samsung support assures call back and then ignores it totally. The only reason I'm not contacting them is because I don't have the time and energy to explain everything to another agent who: 1. Will not understand the issue 2. Will insist on taking me through all the trouble shooting steps which has already been done a zillion times. I'm sorry that my post isn't of much use to you. However, I still thought of letting you know that such responses from Samsung need be expected if you opted to purchase their product.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, @Neo_QLED, but you can use any one of the other available contact methods to chase the callback you were advised of a week ago, and then proceed from there. The same Troubleshooting steps will less likely be provided again if there's a record of them on your previous interaction, and our Support Team will instead focus on the next available steps rather than the same ones you've been through. 

If you'd like to contact the Technical Support Team using a different contact method, you can find these here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
Neo_QLED
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I've tried your suggestions earlier on two occasions. My experiences has always remained disappointing.
0 Likes