Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View does not connect - "Something went wrong. Please try again"

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 10:25 PM)
David32
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I recently (today) bought new TV - UE55MU6172. I installed Smart View on my PC (W10) and Samsung Phone. It does work on the phone but not on my notebook. App finds the TV but when I click on it to connect it says: "Something went wrong. Please try again". Now I tried restarts and deactivating firewalls. Nothing seems to help. I noticed there is a lot of people experiencing this issue on US forums. but no tangible advice provided.

Would you please be able to help me out.

Thank a lot,

David

49 REPLIES 49
ayush
First Poster
Options

i think i have done that more than 50 time, but great happend.

I think I have to but the HDMI cable too..

0 Likes
fmgs2
Apprentice
Options

Use the app Serviio, it works perfectly

0 Likes
fmgs2
Apprentice
Options

Serviio should work perfectly, you only have to be connected to the same network. 

0 Likes
fayez_132
First Poster
Options

i closed the firewall and disabled the antivirus and it wored, and when i turned them on again while connecting the tv disconnected automaticly this proves that the problem was from fire wall and antivirus 

so turnoff firewall and antivirus while connecting

0 Likes
Photocat
First Poster
Options
I uninstalled the Network Adapter and rebooted. The Network Adapter automatically installed again. I was able to connect to the TV again. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Bradaga
First Poster
Options

you can not enable remote desktop on windows 10 HOME EDITNION, that is why you can not connect your pc to tv.

0 Likes
Doddik
First Poster
Options

I have a 50inch Roku Westinghouse TV that connected in seconds but my brand new 70 inch Samsung NOPE! really? i know its NOT a windows issue! its a SAMSUNG ISSUE! i tried everything on this post but no luck. BUT my Surface connects to my $250 tv BUT not my $1000 TV.. yey...

0 Likes
JohnAR
Apprentice
Options

That is not true.
I disconnected the Samsung TV (2 entries) from my device list on my Windows 10 Home edition laptop.
I then "Added" a new device (actually found 3 for my Samsung TV). I added all 3.
My TV asked "permission" for my laptop to connect, which I granted.
I was then viewing my laptop on the TV and actually watched videos that were stored on the laptop.
Worked great on my Toshiba laptop and now is also working for my HP laptop.

JohnR

0 Likes
Lalo1979
First Poster
Options

Did not work 4 me, hope it did for someone else.

0 Likes
Ghijgo
First Poster
Options

I was struggling to find a solution and this process actually worked for me (after setting my network to PRIVATE).

Thanks!!!

0 Likes